Board logo

Bodyboard-Against the Grain
qualigs - 18-2-2004 at 13:06

Just dropping a plug for Chilli's latest bodyboard vid 'Against the Grain' due out in April. There is a video promo at www.redefynd.co.uk. It looks prettty sick.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by qualigs]

justanna - 18-2-2004 at 15:25

Hi James,

looks like Chillivideo is trying to make a comeback....from what I can remember it used to have some good videos. Has it got a website up and running yet? I know a fairly decent webdesigner if they need someone to do it!!

Keep us updated and let us know if the need anyone to try out some of the films!

Anna

qualigs - 18-2-2004 at 16:17

Hi anna,

Yeh Chilli are starting to get some good releases together. Their website (chillivideo.com) is a bit weak at the minute as it is just part of the duke site, but there is a new one in the pipeline.
I'll have to see about review copies..See if I spoke nicely to Al if he'd put a review in the vid section!

justal - 18-2-2004 at 20:38

Sounds good to me James....

Send me a free review copy of any of the vids and I'll put a review in the video reviews section... Its about time I added to that or improved on that section anyway.

Al.

justanna - 19-2-2004 at 08:43

I had a quick look at the Duke Video site and was a bit worried to find the under the 'other sports' section they have a category called 'tractors'!!!!

qualigs - 19-2-2004 at 09:16

mmmm... yes, Duke cater for many individual tastes! I guess tractors aren't really a sport-poor locating, they do sell though!

justanna - 19-2-2004 at 09:36

Says a lot about the Manx way of life though.....Mmmmm...tractors!

(better stop with the tractors now or Al may resort to his REALLY BAD tractor joke)

qualigs - 19-2-2004 at 10:21

Is that the magic tractor?

justanna - 19-2-2004 at 10:49

I don't think so....although Al does end up telling most people the joke so you may have heard it....it's the one about the little boy who likes tractors!....enough said or I'll end up telling it for him....and it's not really that funny just really really long.

justal - 19-2-2004 at 17:43

What do you mean NOT funny!! Its my favourite joke..... Don't go ruining it now everyone who knows it..... If you're all nice to me I might tell you it in the pub at the Borth BST Beach Bash!!!

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 19-2-2004 at 17:49

Ive been to borth twice and still not heard this joke! maybe third time lucky........or unlucky

jamesc - 6-10-2004 at 17:35

can anyone tell me the song in damien kings section it the irish....thanks

qualigs - 7-10-2004 at 08:26

Life in the rain by Quantic I think!

Airborne - 9-10-2004 at 21:14

i'd just like to add that i love quantic! I got his first 2 albums...just because some of his music was featured in "Metaphyzikal" Mickey's film before "Against the Grain". I'm now really into them!

Now i can't wait to get "Against the Grain"...can anyone tell me if you can get it on DVD, and where's the best place to buy it online?

Cheers!
Anyone else like Quantic?

justal - 9-10-2004 at 21:54

Try this

This is where I got it from!

Al.

Thodd - 11-10-2004 at 10:16

Just thought I'd lob my 2 pennies worth in here!

The greatest bodyboard DVD in my humble opinion has to be No Friends: Lost Cause.

I really recommend that if watching spongers willingly surf suicidal waves and getting well and truly pounded is your thing then you have to check this out! Just watching these "fools" commit themselves to huge dumping waves that close out on them and watching them disappear into the darkness of deep tubes before the waves shuts them in will leave your jaw well and truly dropped

Some of the aerials these guys pull off is outstanding as well and Jeff Hubbard's section is awesome and its all done to some great music!!

booger - 11-5-2005 at 05:01

nah if u can get your hands on kenny willis's new vid visions, it has to be one of the best bodyboarding vids ive ever seen even better than some of the tension series and shits on against the grain, the jono bruce section if off its tit he is the best booger in the world at the moment, one of his waves goes, backflip, backflip, reverse air all on same wave. have a look at www.bodyboardshop.com you guys might know it but u can order all the best bodyboarding products

gavin - 31-8-2005 at 11:49

quote:
Their website (chillivideo.com) is a bit weak at the minute as it is just part of the duke site

for info, http://www.chillivideo.com is now run by chilli themselves and is nothing to do with duke video (so no more tractor dvds) any longer.

check out the new site that launched a few weeks back.

Airborne - 31-8-2005 at 21:25

looks a great site, i'll be checking that out more often. Liking that against the grain review

justal - 31-8-2005 at 21:31

Don't forget you can now buy DVD's and videos here (via Amazon) and support Forces-of-Nature at the same time! Some of them are pretty cheap as well, especially if you go for the 'new and used' versions rather than the one direct from Amazon.

Al.

Airborne - 1-9-2005 at 08:52

Wow! Thats a nice surprise to see that, i haven't noticed it before on the navigation bar. I'll be using that sometime soon as well. Nice one Al.

booger - 6-9-2005 at 10:04

there is no such thing as a good english booging vid

Airborne - 12-9-2005 at 12:08

How's that? Are you comparing english booging vids to something else, because a lot of the time its these vids (like the ones by mickey smith) that keep our sponging hearts going over here when theres no surf.

[Edited on 12-9-2005 by Airborne]

booger - 14-9-2005 at 02:07

was joking mate that micky smith makes some alright stuff, that vid was big here i think, but i dont know of anyone who bought it

Airborne - 17-9-2005 at 11:04

ooooh lol, sorry you will have to forgive me, im a little slow when it comes to jokes. Didn't know that against the grain would be over in Oz too, must be nearly everywhere from what i've seen now...any Australian vids you like? Might have to watch some.