Board logo

Re: 1st April 2012 Diary Entry by justal.
col123 - 4-4-2012 at 13:13

On 1st April 2012, justal wrote:

quote:
Other: Pwllheli Triathlon
Wind Direction: N/A
Wind Stength: N/A
Surf / Sea State: N/A
Air Temperature: 10¬?C
Sea Temperature: N/A
Weather: Sunny

Another good race for me. Perfect conditions for the first test of the year. Preparation was OK, but I was feeling fit rather than fast.

400m pool swim
13 mile bike
3.25 mile run

Ended up placing 3rd overall in a time of 1:04:54 - Happy with that. There wasn't an over 40's category though, so no prize for that!

Click here for a full Pwllheli Triathlon Race Report.

Bloody hell Al those are fast times, last tri i did i was still trying to get my armbands off after the swim, which i did in 8mins, which considering i'd done not a lot of training i thought was good..

nice one

justal - 4-4-2012 at 13:37

Cheers Col..

What was the distance of your 8 minute swim? The one on Sunday was only 400m and my actual time in the water was 5:37.

Hopefully I'll get a bit faster soon as well as I haven't done any speed work yet, just a fair amount of base training over the winter. It's nice to know that the two guys who beat me are not only much younger than me but also train just as hard.

I need to work on my bike split though as I should easily be able to knock off another couple of minutes there - especially if I blow some money on aero wheels and a pointy hat!!!

Al.

col123 - 4-4-2012 at 18:57

same distance as you, roughly but 15 mile bike and 3 mile run hobble walk hop ouch that hurts my knees type event.

as i said top times, i bet the pool was downhill with an incoming tide!!