Board logo

3rd day with 30+ knots!
justal - 30-1-2003 at 19:54

I had the third consecutive day on the water today with 30+ knot winds.

My arms are killing me, but WHAT A SESSION!!

Full details in the Diaries Section.

Al.

justal - 3-2-2003 at 17:17

Just had another 30 knot day here, but this time I managed to break my Wave board....Grrrrr

Full details in the diaries!

Anyone got a cheap 75ltr wave board??

Al.

Steve - 5-2-2003 at 20:49

What a good excuse for a new board, "hit a tree while out sailing Anna, honest."

The Gun board sounds good and look's good, have you seen any write up's on it?

Is the eruption unrepairable?

justal - 8-2-2003 at 16:56

Obviously not a good enough excuse though.... I haven't got a nice new board yet, so have to make do with yet another repair.

I suppose theres nothing wrong with a few 'war-wounds'.

I don't know much about the Gun Boards yet, but I might have to see if I can get hold of a demo one at some point..

Heres the bumpf on it from Gun...Has anyone tried one yet??

quote:

Length: 240 cm
Volume 75 l
Width: 53,5 cm
Weight: 6,1 kg
Finbox: US-Box
Fin: Wave 23
Sail Size: 3,3 - 5,3 ??
Concept: Wave ?ù ?ù

£ 680

The Fire is an uncompromising wave board for onshore and side-shore conditions. It has an articulately extended sailing range due to its double concave shape and 2 turbo channels at the tail.
The channels allow the ride of even tighter jibes with less effort, but nevertheless the Fire stays controllable and it feels loose and versatile, providing a good neutral ride.
The board reacts surprisingly quickly, but without being nervous, the rails have an excellent grip.
The well-balanced disposition of the volume is the main reason for offering brilliant early planing abilities and provides a quick acceleration, a real must-have for high jumps.

--Articulately extended sailing range hey...Now what does that mean!!

Al.

justal - 8-2-2003 at 17:08

And heres a photo of it....