Board logo

Fools day - in a carpark somewhere....
Spooker - 2-4-2006 at 09:57

Whilst the majority of the Massif were content to wait a while for the (very high) tide to drop a little, some of those present were just too impatient.
And lo - the new super extreme sport of carpark-boarding was invented:

Spooker - 2-4-2006 at 09:59

Spooker - 2-4-2006 at 10:02

And of course where one fool dares to go - there always a biiger one who gleefully follows...
but then would you expect from a fondler of cow's bottoms?

mNeil - 2-4-2006 at 15:32

and another!

thehill - 3-4-2006 at 15:14

the state of that tide is a bit worrying - would hate to wake up one morning in the van and be surrounded by water.
how often does it go that high?
where abouts did the water breach the shingle?

about to make a few purchases for the van, not sure whether i need to put outriggers on the list ;-)

jamesy101 - 3-4-2006 at 20:37

Correct me if I am wrong, but that generally seems to happen when the rain collects in the car park. It happens quite frequently, although not normally to that extent....

justal - 4-4-2006 at 06:32

It was actually due to the high tide last Thursday, which was the highest of the year (5.6m). The water was coming over the sea wall all along it and flooding into the car park. The fisherman were stood on the car park side of the sea wall and casting from there.

I have seen higher tides though, I think it sometimes gets to 5.7m and obviously a strong westerly wind will push it in quite a bit higher and the waves will mean it crashes over the sea wall with quite some force. Even more significant is if we have a really low pressure over us as well, which actually raises sea levels by quite a bit...

Al.

willf - 4-4-2006 at 11:18

yeah it tasted salty to me

leonardo - 4-4-2006 at 21:42

err guys not being cocky but now that the golf course is in charge of the car park we shouldn't be doing anything silly near the golfers, like kiting in the car park at high tide...

col123 - 5-4-2006 at 16:52

your only jealous leo..a one off i think

justal - 5-4-2006 at 17:15

Steve windsurfed across the car park a few years back when it was properly flooded... Quite a bit deeper than it was at the weekend, I guess he would have had a 30cm fin on his board so it must have been pretty deep.

Al.