Board logo

Re: 9th October 2005 Diary Entry by justal.
Spencer - 9-10-2005 at 20:14

On 9th October 2005, [wrote:

quote:
Windsurfing: Dinas Dinlle

It took a while to get used to sailing in a different location and took me a while to get my set up right,

Ive always belived to become a better sailer you must sail different locations, i dont think people realise how well they get to know there home break? even with different wind directions!
Nice 1 Al , how far is Rhossy from you?

justal - 9-10-2005 at 21:10

Yep, I been getting into the 'Borth' groove a little too much lately! I think Rhosneigr must be an extra half hour to 40 minutes on from Dinas Dinlle. I was half tempted to stop off at Black Rock and see Encee and Paul B, but there was more wind the other side of the Lleyn so continued to Dinas Dinlle as planned..

Glad I made the effort to sail somewhere else though as I'm sure it all helps as far as allround ability goes, and its surprising what a difference 50 miles can make to the strength of the wind... I think Rhossy was even windier as I've heard reports of people being overpowered with 3.5m sails!!

Al.

chris - 10-10-2005 at 09:42

its good to travel.

mNeil - 10-10-2005 at 10:37

its may be good to travel if you feel like it for a novelty.beleive me if you HAVE to do it every time you want to get to the sea ,IT AINT GOOD!!!!!!!

Spencer - 10-10-2005 at 20:10

Na travelling aint good! it took me 4 hrs & £45 to get to borth last weekend. but i do like to sail different locations