Board logo

Draycote Water
StevanL - 14-10-2004 at 10:58

Hi there, does anyone sail at Draycote in this forum ? I'm looking for an alternate (inland) venue for when wind & tide make my regular spot unsailable (Exmouth).

What I really want to know is which wind directions eare good, and which are bad etc ...

Also what sort of kit do people sail there ? I'm thinking of moving my big kit (Powerglide 280, Tush 7.6 max, Tush 8.6 max) back home (midlands) for some inland action and leaving my high wind kit down at the coast.

Is this setup going to be any good ?

justanna - 14-10-2004 at 11:27

There's a bit of info in the beachguide section of this website (see link below). There are a couple of people who sail there so hopefully they can give you a bit more info.

Cheers
Anna

http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk/dbdriven/beachguide/beachguide.php?action=display_location&loc_id=158

dunk - 14-10-2004 at 12:04

Hey Stevan,

Draycote is one of the best inland waters in the country. 650 acers of water ( that's 5 miles round) and quite clean wind . The best direction's are SW round to E , SE and S have a shadow from the hill for about a 100 meters, but is not a big problem. Approx one third of the membership are windsurfers.

Don't just bring light wind kit, it gets pretty windy for a pond !

For more info, go to www.draycotewater.co.uk

StevanL - 15-10-2004 at 17:25

NIce one guys, I'll grab some windy kit too then