Board logo

justal - 4-11-2002 at 20:11

I'm just trying something new...a "New Posts" 'link' in the forum menu bar that should give you a list of messages posted since you were last logged in...

Not sure if it''l work yet, but its worth a try.

Let me know if it seesm to be working for you, or if it causes any problems.

If it seems to be working OK, I'll remove the 'Today's Posts' link as that will be pretty much redundant..I think the 'New Posts' idea is better??

Al.

justal - 12-11-2002 at 20:05

It was just about working, but wasn't perfect so I've removed it...maybe it'll reappear in the future??

Al.

paul - 13-11-2002 at 12:06

yeh a new posts link would be great, I use the today's posts link a lot, but sometimes miss out on a post because I don't trawl through everything

justal - 19-4-2003 at 15:17

Ok.. What i've done is this.

Changed the 'Todays Posts' link to 'Recent Posts' and made it so that it shows the posts from the last 7 days... The topics in the list provided are organised so that those with the most recent replies are at the top so if you only visit once every few days you should still be able to see all the posts that you haven't seen before.

if you don't visit the forums every week then 'shame on you', and you'll still miss some posts!!

Let me know if its working OK for you.

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 21-4-2003 at 15:46

Its working ok here
I admit not visiting the forum for a few days I guess I had a good excuse though

Stevievee - 22-4-2003 at 20:13

Looking good here too. And its much better than the previous system...except I now have more posts to read through.

And I don't have a good excuse like Badexcuseforasailor for not visiting the site more often either... I WILL get out on the water one day.

SV