Board logo

Ultimate Surf/windsurf vehicle
justal - 12-8-2002 at 07:09

I've recently updated the website here with some photos of my van (toybox) and a description of the interior layout. The full description and photos are here:
http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk/toybox.htm

Basically, the van is a LWB semi-hi-top transit and I've raised the floor to provide a decent sleeping/living area with stove, TV, stereo etc and then under the floor is loads of storage space for toys. Theres a changing area, wetsuit drying area, special mast storage, and lots of other little features which make it (for me) the ideal windsurf/surf/kitesurf vehicle as I can get all the toys inside and still have loads of room for two of us to live in (pretty comfortably I might add).

Can anyone do better?

No doubt Pauls 'ideal' vehicle will be a sporty little number just big enough to fit his 'ideal' wave board and 4.5m sail in along with a bikini clad girly...but then he won't need a car as he'll be living next to the beach anyway!

[Edited on 12-8-2002 by justal]

justanna - 12-8-2002 at 08:16

I think you could be slightly exaggerating when you say 'living area, stereo and TV'....somewhere to sit out of the wind, an old car radio and small hand-held TV not big enough for more than 1 person to watch ata time is more like it!

However I will say it's good for me when I'm sat on the beach watching....somewhere nice and warm to sit....radio, cup of tea....what more could a girlf ask for??

adam - 12-8-2002 at 10:13

How cool is this?? Not sure where you'd fit kit onto though I guess a big roofrack on top and a big ladder

Would settle for a converted 110 Land Rover 'a la richie'.

NatB - 13-8-2002 at 16:10

Burgy - 14-8-2002 at 17:00

That new VW's sweet.

Went to a kite fest at an RAF air field last w/e. They had a RAF LandRover that Would have made a cracking Wagon, loads a room, Tinted Bullet proof glass, Gun Rack, Snorkel, everything. Ideal for cutting thru the Day Trippers or making your escape should the Locals get frisky

Steve

paul - 20-8-2002 at 09:57

I'd go for one of these :

Nice Off road camper - Check the Spec (Link)

justal - 9-4-2003 at 06:35

This is pretty cool too.

Just check out those specs, sounds like no expense was spared and the thing was pretty much built from scratch. Its not set up specifically for windsurfing, but with a decent roof rack or maybe a similarly constructed trailer it would be cool.

Al.