Board logo

bonfire!
badexcuseforasailor - 29-8-2003 at 20:05

I found this on the boards forum

quote:

You are right there are no poor importers. A few years ago a large chain store had a demo weekend at Borth and in the evening they all had a bonfire on the beach. When the campfire was starting to die the F2/Bic importer took a brand new board out of its wrapping and put it on the fire !

Is this true Al ?
Im sure you must of been about

justal - 1-9-2003 at 06:26

They did burn a board as a sacrifice for some wind one year....I'm not sure that it was a brand new one though, but it could have been.

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 1-9-2003 at 18:10

Did it work?
Has anyone got any boards they don't mind getting alittle bit charred to bring along on the 4 - 5 Oct

SeanBo - 1-9-2003 at 18:11

I have a board that I would be happy to burn, but I won't be there...sorry!!!!!

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by SeanBo]

justal - 1-9-2003 at 19:59

It didn't work!!

But I have got one we could use as a sacrifice for that weekend if needed!!!

Al.

SinistaPenguin - 11-9-2003 at 13:56

I'm not sure if burning boards is Sacrifice or Sacrilege!! Surely burning a board, no matter how bad is denying some other needy boardrider a vehicle!

I think naked ladies in a ritual dance around the fire should suffice!!

zelwaters - 12-9-2003 at 00:30

hey everyone, yeah you should have a great time at this bonfiry camping thingy, we have them all the time up here, shame about the pooy beach tho lol have fun

justal - 12-9-2003 at 05:36

Naked ladies will do me just fine!!!

badexcuseforasailor - 12-9-2003 at 07:15

Rather not have ones with ***** ******s though Al

macdonaldal - 12-9-2003 at 14:33

Yes what's up with the pooy beach - one weekend it's fine and the next full of poo ????

Hope it's not the locals getting pissed

zelwaters - 13-9-2003 at 07:54

its just really dirty u can dig about 2 cm under the sand and there is a thick layer of black sand.
the view from the beach is great a big oil rig and u can see blackpool tower from it too.what are the beaches like near yu guys?
ooh if your eva in southport or ainsdale i advise u not to go in the water you can feel a thick layer of sludge under your feet and u come out all sticky yum

justal - 14-9-2003 at 06:28

That sounds nice Zelwaters!!!

The beaches here are OK... The water is rarely crystal clear, but its not too bad. Theres also the occassional bit of tar on the pebbles, but again not too much... Its still annoying when you get it on your board though... Best of all, there are no oil rigs!!

Al.

adam - 15-9-2003 at 10:38

quote:

A few years ago a large chain store had a demo weekend at Borth and in the evening they all had a bonfire on the beach. When the campfire was starting to die the F2/Bic importer took a brand new board out of its wrapping and put it on the fire !

Yes it did happen, think it was the Boardwise demo at Borth in '99?

The wind had been a bit crappy and the end of the day the BBQ was started and a campfire raging.

It was Dave White himself who put the board on the fire although it all seemed a little staged as someone quickly appeared with a decent SLR camera to take photos of him holding the flaming board!

The board was a Bic Veloce I think from the Boardwise demo trailer, note not an F2!

I think people there thought it funny but then a bit of a waste, they could have at least burnt an old one.

Come the morning seem to remeber only being able to see the footstrap screws in the ashes...

Oh I can't remember if it was windy the next day or not either so don't know if it worked?