Board logo

Plenty of wind out there
justal - 18-6-2018 at 16:11

Plenty of wind out there but I'm missing out. Collect Morgan from Borth at 3:45, Drop him off at surf lesson at 4:45, collect him at 5:45, collect Anna from the train at 7pm.... No chance to fit a windsurf session in. Grrrrrr...

Al.

Blaschito - 18-6-2018 at 20:57

quote:
Originally posted by justal
Plenty of wind out there but I'm missing out. Collect Morgan from Borth at 3:45, Drop him off at surf lesson at 4:45, collect him at 5:45, collect Anna from the train at 7pm.... No chance to fit a windsurf session in. Grrrrrr...

Al.

I had know it I had stayed until now Al (as original plan!) and given you some company for a late session, was out in the afternoon then I was on my own after other left, staid a bit longer until 7.40ish then left as a bit tired...well next time...if windy on Wednesday morning I ll be out early, very early...

Blaschito - 18-6-2018 at 21:24

forget about Wednesday, client at 6.30am and then more work at 9...

justal - 19-6-2018 at 07:12

No worries.... I might go for an early one on Wednesday if it looks good. Maybe get on the water at 5ish. If not, I'll go for an early morning sea swim instead.

Jad my fix today on my Surf Ski with some nice waves to play on. A bit bumpy on the wave but that's quite good fun in the ski!

Al.

Blaschito - 19-6-2018 at 13:08

Looks like will be windy today too! can't make it though...I may consider a 5am ready to go 45 minutes session, will see..that ski thing sounds fun! As always you have plenty of options Al

justal - 19-6-2018 at 15:01

Yeah, that's true... Toys for all conditions!

Almost windy enough out there now for a windsurf (almost). I also have a sore shoulder from paddling this morning followed by a weights session and then lawn-mowing. I did a hard bike session and a short run session as well, so maybe I'll give it a miss and have a rest this evening instead!

Maybe see you in the morning if I end up windsurfing.

Al.

justal - 21-6-2018 at 12:49

Looking lush out there again.... 30 knots NNW and glorious sunshine.

Why am I stuck in work! Looks like it will drop off later and that'll be the end of the wind for at least a week. Just hoping I can get a session in after work before it goes. It's not looking that promising though as it is forecast to drop off at about the same time as I'll get home from work.

Work Schmurk!!!

Al.

Blaschito - 21-6-2018 at 19:57

Hi Al, I was in work and got out at high tide at 2! I saw you coming in when I was having a break, wind dropped a bit but then it raged again! Great way of celebrating the summer solstice Hope for some more wind tomorrow before work

justal - 22-6-2018 at 04:37

I think that's it for a the wind for a while - unless of course Ivor manages to muster up an early NE blow now and then...

I ended up with far too big a sail last night but couldn't be bothered to change back down again so just held on for the ride!!!

Sea swimming for me this morning before work.

Al.

Blaschito - 27-6-2018 at 14:38

Any wind in the estuary? I may get out after 7.00pm with tide coming in...not too sure if wind is stronger then weather station's readings?

justal - 28-6-2018 at 05:23

Sorry, I was out on the bike. There probably was just enough for a kite in the estuary. Same again this morning as well, but it isn't going ballistic!

Al.

justal - 28-6-2018 at 05:26

Looks as though things could get quite tasty at the weekend though!!

Al.

Blaschito - 30-6-2018 at 05:40

Thanks Al, I did not go as it looked like a 12m sesh over the 2 days, maybe. Looks like good wind though at the moment. Have a good one if you go!