Board logo

Weather Station - Electricity off
justal - 20-9-2017 at 08:58

Hi Everyone,
The electricity company are up-grading some bits and pieces in Ynyslas today so the electricity will be off for much of the day. The weather station will be recording data as usual but won't be able to upload it to the website.

Alan.

Blaschito - 20-9-2017 at 09:32

That's why Al, I was just about to post....

quote:
Originally posted by justal
Hi Everyone,
The electricity company are up-grading some bits and pieces in Ynyslas today so the electricity will be off for much of the day. The weather station will be recording data as usual but won't be able to upload it to the website.

Alan.

justal - 21-9-2017 at 05:55

All back on now. Hopefully they fixed whatever needed fixing!

Al.

Blaschito - 23-1-2018 at 09:17

Hi Al,

Is the weather-station working ok?

Many thanks

justal - 23-1-2018 at 17:15

Yep.... reception between the station and the console is being a bit temperamental though... I've put a new rechargeable battery in but I don't think we've had enough sunlight to charge it fully yet - I've ordered a few no-rechargable ones today though and will put one of those in until it brightens up a bit. Maybe that will do the trick.

Al.

Blaschito - 23-1-2018 at 23:03

quote:
Yep.... reception between the station and the console is being a bit temperamental though... I've put a new rechargeable battery in but I don't think we've had enough sunlight to charge it fully yet - I've ordered a few no-rechargable ones today though and will put one of those in until it brightens up a bit. Maybe that will do the trick.

Al.

Thanks Al, seems ok now!

justal - 24-1-2018 at 15:08

Yeah, no doubt it'll fix itself now that I've bought some new batteries!

Al.

Blaschito - 24-1-2018 at 21:56

quote:
Yeah, no doubt it'll fix itself now that I've bought some new batteries!

Al.

hehehehe classic!! It s like when you decide to pack it up and the wind turns up

justal - 25-1-2018 at 06:02

Yep... Was that you out kiting yesterday afternoon? I was going to go out but didn't get home until just after 4pm by which time it was pretty cold and the sun was setting so I decided against it. Too much hassle for half an hour on the water.

Al.

Blaschito - 27-1-2018 at 07:20

quote:
Yep... Was that you out kiting yesterday afternoon? I was going to go out but didn't get home until just after 4pm by which time it was pretty cold and the sun was setting so I decided against it. Too much hassle for half an hour on the water.

Al.

Hi Al yeah it was me finally the wind turned up that day...yeah if it was that late would have not been worth...good news though as days are starting to get longer and got out at around 5.15pm..

Blaschito - 10-4-2018 at 16:19

Hi Al the weather station has frozen. I m
trying to keep an eye on wind as it looks like it's picking up in the estuary

Cheers

justal - 10-4-2018 at 17:53

Yep... There was a power cut in Ynyslas for a couple of hours. Should be back on now though.

The joys of living on the edge with constant power failures!!

Al.

Blaschito - 10-4-2018 at 20:31

ha! Thanks Al glad its just a power cut!