Board logo

newquay reef
robyn - 10-7-2003 at 15:24

does anyone know what's goin on with the proposed newquay reef? i can't find any info after the feasability study. i'm at the marine school in falmouth, cornwall and an interested in using the reef as a topic for my dissertation.
cheers

ilikeseaweed@hotmail.com

Stormrider - 10-7-2003 at 18:33

The Newquay reef,has died a death due to lack of funds.So it wont be happening.

Angry_Apple - 10-7-2003 at 19:52

There's a website that'll do yuo good...I'll find it now.....I need to get me address book.....ahhh there it is...no .....
Angry_Apple
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angry_Apple - 10-7-2003 at 19:57

Ya now I know what it is........Its....ehem......
http://www.asrltd.co.nz

Not much stuff bout it, but enough to stop the itching of wanting to know whats happenin' with the reef in newquay..... cheers,
Angry_Apple
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

paul - 10-7-2003 at 20:25

might be worth trying SJ at a1surf.com he interviewed professor black the guy with all the ideas and he's local in newquay so probably knows heaps more.

justal - 10-7-2003 at 20:58

I don't know much aboutnthe Newquay plans (or non-plans as they are now). But things are still shaping up for the reef at Borth, as far as I know, the funding for the reef (or some kind of coastal defence) at Borth is available, so it all depends on the feasibility study now.

There's also been talk of an artificial reef in Bournemouth, but I don't know what stage they are at with that one either.

Al.