Board logo

Kite surfing ongoing injuries ?
shem - 16-3-2011 at 22:28

Does any one else have a ongoing injury? I know knees are very common, but Ive been suffering with a twisted pelvis, which I personaly think has come from kiting.

Ive seen a osteopath, and I know its not just kitesurfing, but also wear and tear.
Ive had a few big air boosting sessions the last couple of weeks after a few months off the water over winter, and my strained stomach, and back are back again!
Any one had or got similar? Im now contemplating kitesurfing without any jumping, other than off the back of waves.

Spooker - 16-3-2011 at 22:32

Ask Col - he always breaking things, I'm sure he's not been fully functioning for years...

As for me, I've got repetitive strain injury in my wrist, I'm sure that came from kitesurfing......

col123 - 17-3-2011 at 09:28

funny that spooks ,tony said he'd pulled something in the groin area....and you too kite together!!!!!

Shem simple really, YOUR'E AN OLD FART NOW..and all those years of chasing sheep hasn't helped.I suppose your bit like a wolf now have to look out for the lame ones that don't run as fast!!!

Me ,spooks and neil ache all the time already so don't know if it's an injury or just OLD GITS syndrome..

Now where's me copy of Saga, good artcile on comfy slippers this month....

by the way spooks neil wants his stanna catalouge back

shem - 17-3-2011 at 13:32

haha, thanks for the grim truth Col. haha. ANy one make a harness tat goes over your shoulders? may spread the load a bit?

col123 - 17-3-2011 at 13:42

spooks told me his favourite site for those is gimp gear . com

bucski - 17-3-2011 at 19:59

I told Spooks to keep gimpgear.com a secret. Damn it's out now!

mNeil - 18-3-2011 at 12:41

well i have'nt got any aches and pains Shem.........well none that i can recollect at the present time; now what was all this about anyway, ummmmmmmmmmmmm can't remember, well never mind happy christmas to one and all

shem - 20-3-2011 at 09:28

lol

Spooker - 20-3-2011 at 17:37

Whilst I of course, rise serenely above such inane banter, being in perfect health at present, I look after my body because it is a temple. In fact I've just finished worshiping it with a particularly large curry

col123 - 20-3-2011 at 19:50

is that temple the one with BUDDA in, there's no need to resemble him spooks.....

oh dear too late

Spooker - 22-3-2011 at 11:36

Oh dear Col - you're SO last year (or perhaps the year before) My avatar says it all