Board logo

Sunshine and Wind
justal - 4-8-2010 at 17:23

It's not that often that we get sunshine and a decent wind but this afternoon was lovely.

Nicely powered with my 5.6m and gorgeous blue seas.

There are time when you can't beat Wales.

Al.

snoozer11 - 4-8-2010 at 20:09

Yeah - It was good between 12pm and 3pm There were 3 windsurfers out - guess one was you...
btw. Is there are limit on the length of diary entries? I don't seem to be able to type as much into the box as I have before - which is probably a good thing but I'm just curious as to why it seems to have changed.
Cheers,
Neal.

quote:
Originally posted by justal
It's not that often that we get sunshine and a decent wind but this afternoon was lovely.

Nicely powered with my 5.6m and gorgeous blue seas.

There are time when you can't beat Wales.

Al.

justal - 5-8-2010 at 04:49

Nope, there shouldn't be a limit (within reason), you should just be able to keep typing away. I've just given it a go and can add shed-loads of text. Does it strip it when you submit the entry, or actually prevent you from typing? Have you tried it in a different browser?

It should work OK, but that said I do need to find some time to update various aspects of the session diaries section, It will have to wait until it isn't windy though. First things first!

Al.

snoozer11 - 5-8-2010 at 11:41

It actually stops me from typing... If I go back and delete some words then I can add more at the end. It is like a character count limit. The odd thing is that it seems to vary, and the last diary entry I made it seemed to be rather less than usual - I used every character it would let me type and that was only half dozen lines.
I am using a Mac and Safari though so perhaps that is the reason...
Cheers, Neal

justal - 11-8-2010 at 10:18

Looks like we might get some afternoon sunshine and wind this week now as well. Fingers crossed.

Al.

chase - 11-8-2010 at 16:33

na it didnt happen. we were teaching and it faffed around all afternoon promising to do great things. looks like more tomorrow eh

justal - 11-8-2010 at 17:28

I waited and then went for a run.

Maybe tomorrow.

Al.

justal - 12-8-2010 at 10:39

Well, we don't have any sunshine today, but at least there's some wind!

Al.

Spooker - 12-8-2010 at 14:16

Plenty of wind AND sunshine in the midlands!

Sadly - not a lot of ocean....

justal - 12-8-2010 at 15:46

Turned out good here. 25 knots NW and the sun did make an appearance now and then.

Well powered on my big wave board with a 5m sail. Full report in the session logs as per usual.

Same again tomorrow hopefully as well.

Al.

justal - 13-8-2010 at 09:15

Here we go again!!!!

Al.

justal - 13-8-2010 at 15:34

OK, that's enough with the wind - I need a rest!!

Covered over 40 miles windsurfing today, well powered with a 5m again. Perfect!

Al.