Board logo

Epic Weekend ahead
justal - 29-9-2008 at 15:42

Wind looks pretty mad for the weekend at the moment... Coupled with a big swell and tonnes of rain it should be pretty wild out there.

Who's gonna be around on the beach??

Al.

col123 - 29-9-2008 at 18:26

ME ME

Fart Boy - 29-9-2008 at 18:54

oh go on then!

Should be down for the weekend starting with a late one before dark Friday with any luck

dunk - 29-9-2008 at 19:02

Down tomorrow through till Sunday.......ye ha

danh - 29-9-2008 at 21:06

hoping to at least get myself a day trip in.

simonc - 29-9-2008 at 21:27

See you tomrrow (tuesday) Al. Its looking windy if wet as well

justal - 30-9-2008 at 07:22

Simon... Call around before you go to the beach.... Do you have any spare nuts for a US fin box? I can't get out until I can get hold of one.

Cheers.
Al.

mNeil - 30-9-2008 at 09:13

At last i will be there!!!!!!!!!!

justal - 30-9-2008 at 09:17

Wind not looking quite so good for the weekend now... Monday looks good though.

Of course, all will change by the time the weekend gets here.

Al.

Loxley - 30-9-2008 at 12:36

Well as the wind is at least forecast to be over 5mph, then I for one will be making the trip westward for the weekend.

Fart Boy - 30-9-2008 at 17:44

Oh well I do have monday off as well.

dunk - 30-9-2008 at 18:01

Well I've gotta sy this afternoonwas epic!

Dave got blown off the water, and Mike and myself were fully lit on 6's. A propper Autumn day a no rain either!!!!!!

Bring on tomorrow..... who's out????

mNeil - 30-9-2008 at 19:00

wow fab day Dunk .got the van back today and will be up friday evening; leave me some wind!!!!!!!!

justal - 1-10-2008 at 06:57

quote:
Originally posted by dunk
Well I've gotta sy this afternoonwas epic!

Dave got blown off the water, and Mike and myself were fully lit on 6's. A propper Autumn day a no rain either!!!!!!

Bring on tomorrow..... who's out????

Me me me... At some point anyway. had a good session yesterday albeit a very short one. Today looks about the same windwise but a little more northerly.

Al.

chase - 1-10-2008 at 11:10

Going for a play now, spent all day yesterday repairing kites from the day before :-(

chase - 1-10-2008 at 13:57

Flippin heck couldnt hold me 7m..anyone know what it was doing. Came back in a dry wetsuit

shem - 1-10-2008 at 14:21

I just had the same prob with my 9 up here liesa. I needed your 7!! bwger!

justal - 1-10-2008 at 14:40

It was about 30 knots.... Occasionally gusting to 35ish.

Perfect here for me with my 4.5m sail! I did sail upwind to Aberdyfi / Graveyards at one point and your previous posts explain why I couldn't see anyone around!

Al.

chase - 1-10-2008 at 17:09

Mmm, Glad someone had fun

fingers x for tomorrow, I must get myself signed up for your weather meter now I know what my top limit is I can just stay home and bake cakes and get fat in front of the internet, although I'm getting quite into cash in the attic and doctors...sad aint it

dunk - 1-10-2008 at 18:43

The 6 m was perfect again for me.

Didn't see anyone else around though.

Spooker - 1-10-2008 at 19:51

Well after 5 weeks without a sail the temptation is toooo much! Having a day off on Friday and gettin my ass down to the beach
Looking the best day of the weekend for a combination of wind and sun.

Dunk - if you're about I'll pop in for a cuppa on the way past!

shem - 1-10-2008 at 21:51

ill be up for a friday sail from aberdyfi1 any one thsi side??

justal - 2-10-2008 at 08:53

Saturday afternoon looks pretty good again now... as does Friday... And most of next week!... Autumn is here.

Al.

Fart Boy - 2-10-2008 at 16:59

I shall be over to dyfi mid to late morning Friday for the weekend. DanD is also dropping in. I will give yaa call shem

dunk - 2-10-2008 at 17:48

This is starting to sound boring.............6m again today!

Whoever said, you'll never use anything smaller than a 9 lol I did wait till late afternoon to go out though as the wind got stronger.

I was going to take a trip to Dovey tomorrow, but as its a NW'er I think I'll stay at Ynyslas, the wave ridin rocks in a NW.

Spooks, call in for a cuppa, don't forget, I've never any milk as I don't drink it!

Donde esta Jon da hat??????????

Fart Boy - 3-10-2008 at 22:51

Well it was a bit gusty today in between the showers but the sun came out to play for a while so it was not to bad

jon d hat - 4-10-2008 at 10:18

quote:
Originally posted by dunk

Donde esta Jon da hat??????????

Having an injury strewn few months man. Having been out for 2 mths, I started with a couple of MTB sessions. All was going well till last Friday. I was half way round the Marin Trail (Dragon's Tail section) when a huge boulder decided to make contact with my front wheel. Following my best Superman impression, I put my faith to one side and attempted to buldoze a new path through the mountain. As I was not in possession of a JCB, I employed my face, hand, shoulder and both knees to do the job.....needles to say.....they wern't quite up to the job.

Seeing as I am now having to replace the rather expensive helmet that gave its life to save its owner and ones hand is still a tad tender, I thought I'd give it a miss this week.

Hope to catch you all soon

dunk - 4-10-2008 at 17:06

Hey Jon,

Sorry to hear that mate,

It'd be great to see you back sailing soon.

Dunks

shem - 4-10-2008 at 17:29

beautifully worder Jon!LOL Gdet well soon.

Cracking day at Aberdyfi today! Nice one all!

Fart Boy - 5-10-2008 at 09:14

Yep sure was. started on the 11 first thing and finsihed on the 7. Chris gets the award for going futherest out I think

shem - 5-10-2008 at 12:48

Today topped off the weekend I recn, ( meter kite surfing cvonditions yesterday and glassy peeling surf today, may force my self out for a evening spin up the forestry to cap it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dunk - 5-10-2008 at 19:36

Furtherest out..........

You obviously don't know Derrick! He was way out over the bar from Ynyslas Saturday.

Mind you, he normally does it in the dark! His other claim to fame is a downwinder from Borth to Abber on his own.

I did see Col who looked like he was training for a course racing event, going way up to Borth then bast down wind to Dovey n back.

Spooks gets it for a triple invert, multiple kite loop transition!........looked propper scary to me!

A top week off for me, 4 awesome days on a 6,I'll be glad to get back to work for a rest! Mind you I felt really dialed into my 6 and Saturday rocked with some huge swell and boosting to the max!

I'll be playing with Windsurfers for work next weekend, so I won't be around.

Dunks

[Edited on 5-10-2008 by dunk]

[Edited on 5-10-2008 by dunk]

mNeil - 5-10-2008 at 20:09

second the great day Dunk!
sorry to hear about your woes Jon; see you soon no doubt, next weekend perchance?

Loxley - 6-10-2008 at 08:20

Yea, get well soon Jon, Debs sends her best.
As I was honorary kite bitch for the day saturday I can only say it looked mad out there. Certainly Derek's first run out to the bar was at a phenomenal speed. Col and Tony were pulling some great jumps and Dunk too spent a good deal of time in the clouds.