Board logo

bar in a church
sarge - 24-4-2008 at 12:54

on radio 2 they have just been talking about a vicar who wants to put a bar in his church in pennal is this the one on the way from mac to dovey

justal - 24-4-2008 at 13:01

Yep... and the guy they were talking to was probably (I didn't hear it) Shems Dad!!

Al.

sarge - 24-4-2008 at 13:15

is it a case of three hail mary,s and a bloody mary then

mNeil - 24-4-2008 at 14:02

if its real ale i'll be there

shem - 24-4-2008 at 16:34

Yip, thatll be my dad! Its all been blown a bit out of proportion really, basically they need a drinks licence to serve alcoholic drinks, even if theyre giving them away, ( obviously all churches give away the ocassional hot toddy, but legally they probably cant, so dads applied for a drinks licence, to keep things Kosher!! Pretty funny really, especially as the local shop keeper thinks they may be loosing out on trade! So next time your off to church to watch a brass band, etc, get your special brew from the local shop, so as not to upset the,!!!!! Classic!

pebble - 25-4-2008 at 06:46

Shem, your Dad's on the front page of BBC news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/7361315.stm

At our church, if you want to serve wine or beer with say a meal, it's a complete pain to sort it out. You can't even bring your own wine (like you can in some Balti houses), as the church is a public place and so you need a license.

jon

shem - 25-4-2008 at 07:08

Thats exactly the type od situation he wants it for. Nice one.

baileyman - 25-4-2008 at 10:57

Good on your old man - damn good idea - is he gonna do lock-ins ?

The clip made me laugh, the "locals" they interviewed didn't sound too local to me !! You can't beat a bit of healthy competition

Neil - maybe they'll be selling some "Bishops Finger" and other assorted religious ales

shem - 25-4-2008 at 16:53

No, its gonna be revrend james actually! Brains have just sent us 2 crates for free as trials, quite appropriate I think!! Sweet as, and on a friday!