Board logo

High Pressure
Olly - 17-3-2003 at 17:30

"DAMN YOU HIGH PRESSURE"

why do you have to taunt us with this lovely sunshine and bugger all wind?

Now I have to stay in and study!!!

badexcuseforasailor - 17-3-2003 at 22:33

I ended up doing the garden and washing the car

justal - 18-3-2003 at 07:50

Well, the weekend was OK wind wise, but if we have too many more weeks like this one I'll end up rich (financially) as I've no excuse to go to the beach.... Although it is nice and sunny and thats the sort of weather most 'normal' people would like to go to the beach in!!

Strange isn't it...3 days with no wind and we already feel as though theres NEVER any wind... And theres none in sight either.

Al.

paul - 18-3-2003 at 11:21

no wind in site at all

click here for 9 day charts

badexcuseforasailor - 18-3-2003 at 11:57

Thats it you have depressed everyone now

justanna - 18-3-2003 at 12:05

Not me!

With all this High Pressure I can get the house packed up nicely and sort out the caravan (and Al has no excuse not to help!).

Might sound girly but think of the cheap windsurfers accommodation available once we're all sorted out in the new house and the caravan is sat there empty

SeanBo - 18-3-2003 at 12:10

Strikes me that when you move back in to a house the caravan would also be an ideal location for a webcam facing the beach!

Just think, instead of making us green with envy at the stories of the regular sailing he's getting, Al could actually make things worse by letting us watch him sailing whilte we are at work!

justanna - 18-3-2003 at 12:32

it has been discussed. Unfortunatetly you can't quite see the sea from the plot (not such a bad thing when you think about the battering we could get otherwise). No doubt Al's solutions will be to pop across the dunes each morning to take a piccy or to have me taking photo's whiles he's out playing!

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure he's thinking of every way possible to make sure that everyone else knows when he's out and they're not

justal - 18-3-2003 at 21:04

quote:
Originally posted by justanna
Might sound girly but think of the cheap windsurfers accommodation available once we're all sorted out in the new house and the caravan is sat there empty

But the caravan won't still be there.... We need a garden and somewhere where I can erect an ingenious Forward Loop simulator!!!

A web cam would be a good idea but as Anna has said the view of the sea won't be great. I will however invest in a digital camera when I can afford one and take a photos of the sea each morning and upload ot to the site when I do the weather forecasts every morning... Or at least during the summer I will as in the winter it'll be dark at that time in the morning.

Not sure about photos or live action shots of me sailing though... You might all see how crap I am and the illusion of me being some sort of hot-shot sailor will be ruined!! You'd think with all the practise I get I'd be able to do it by now!

Al.