Board logo

Which is best?
justanna - 13-2-2003 at 12:45

paul - 13-2-2003 at 15:10

Live at the beach, I still have fun on my 15 year old windsurf board

hmm no actually it would be better if everyone else moved inland

[Edited on 13-2-2003 by paul]

justanna - 13-2-2003 at 15:28

I agree with you Paul, especially if everyone else stays inland! I won't be leaving the seaside though and I don't need any toys to play with!

adam - 13-2-2003 at 15:52

Could we have another category:

Live at the seaside with plenty of money for all the toys we want!

That would get my vote; maybe one day hey

justanna - 13-2-2003 at 15:55

That's the whole point you fool!

Just think of the rif-raf we would have to put up with if you could make a decent living at the coast.

adam - 13-2-2003 at 16:00

Yes the point didn't escape me, I'm just greedy

I don't think they're mutually exclusive anyway, maybe more so in Wales but there are plenty of decent jobs and well paid people who live on the South coast and South West of England. If not I'm wasting my time and may as well move back to Wales and have some fun!

justanna - 13-2-2003 at 16:27

The trouble with living on the South Coast etc is that you do actually have to go to work! At least in Aberystwyth everyone is quite laid back and you don't have to work all hours of daylight!

justal - 13-2-2003 at 21:50

Plus, there are people and buildings and horrible things like that all along the S. Coast!!

Mind you, I don't think the location and income are necessarily linked, so as someone said a decent income and living by the beach aren't mutually exclusive.

However, earning a decent income and having the TIME to play with all your toys may be a bit more difficult to achieve.

So, given the choice I'd choose time over money every time. OK, you need to earn a certain amount to pay the bills and the amount you need to earn varies according to your location (which is another reason why I live in West Wales instead of the S. Coast).

But, in the words of Riff Raff from the RHPS 'Time is Fleeting'....

You only get each day once.. If the conditions are going off I'd like to have the chance to go to the beach if I want to.

I've yet to find a way to:

I have however got all that except the earning shed loads, and two out of three ain't bad!!

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 14-2-2003 at 14:50

I think come under the heading "live inland with f- all money "

ShornSheep - 3-3-2003 at 13:33

Had to vote for being poor but near the beach, as that's what I will be doing very shortly.
I will not complain, except when there is no wind!

Joe - 3-3-2003 at 16:49

Seems like I'm the only really greedy person having voted for the money. But then my plans are to earn the money now and have plenty of time (and money) later. Anyway, I am going to live relatively close to the water so I can not complain about that. But with a demanding job and a family the factor time is still a bit of a problem. I guess the issue is finding the right balance between the two choices given in the poll.

Joe