Board logo

Wish List
justal - 4-2-2003 at 08:37

I've been thinking about new toys recently. I can't afford any, but its always good to dream.

I ordered a new wetsuit on Sunday just to quash the retail urges and becasue the state of my old one justified the expenditure, but I want more!!!

My 'Wish List' (without being ridiculous and wishing for a tropical island with perfect wind, waves and bikini clad female models as caddies) is as follows:

Thats it at the mo I think (except for a digital camera)... Unfortunately, finances dictate that only the last item, maybe last two in the list are affordable.

Of course, if anyone is SO impressed by all the hard work I put into this site and feels like making donations they would be gladly accepted!

What do the rest of you want at the mo??

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 4-2-2003 at 11:43

My wish list:

New foot straps, the foot straps that come on bic's not the best in the world.

Too have just the right amount of wind when I go sailing not too much or too little

To be able to sail in something other than flat water, just some heavy chop would be nice not want the full blown waves yet

To be able to sail small kit in proper wind

Win the lottery and have a house on the beach and all the equipment to go with it

justanna - 4-2-2003 at 13:11

It sounds like nearly all your wish list can be catered for at Borth!!

You don't need to win the lottery to live at the beach
it's usually windy so you'd be able to sail small kit properly (very small!) and very rarely flat water (but there's always the estury).!

Maybe you couldn't have all the toys you want but I'm sure you can run to footstraps.

4 out of 5 isn't bad!

Dave - 4-2-2003 at 16:58

What can I say

justal - 4-2-2003 at 17:16

Well Dave, you've got the house and the kit...Now all you need is the 'time' and talent!

Hehehe.

Al.

Dave - 5-2-2003 at 13:15

Unfortunately I have to agree, and I can't consider myself a serious 'hard-core' windsurfer 'cos I tend to keep one eye on the temperature guage

justal - 6-2-2003 at 15:46

I remember you coming out on a pretty cold day last winter, Dave... Whats happened to you since then.... You big girl!!

Al.

Big Fish - 6-2-2003 at 15:48

Al you will have to move fast, there is a goya 74l on ebay (or there was yesterday) it was ridiculously cheap and looked fine. Good luck, and watch out for those trees!!

justal - 6-2-2003 at 15:56

Cheers...Just had a look. It hasn't reached its reserve yet and its at £84... I'll keep an eye on it and maybe put in a couple of bids... No doubt the reserve is too much for me to afford though.

Thanks for the info.

Al.

justal - 7-2-2003 at 21:11

Well..its now up to about £400 and still hasn't met its reserve.. Too much for a 2nd hand 2001 board I think.

Especially as ROHO have 2002 F2 Mystery's or Naish Waves of the right size for £349.

Ho hum... I'll have to make do with a huge great lump of resin in the back of my old Mistral Eruption for now. I've just finished repairing it and hopefully will get a chance to use it tomorrow as there are some decent SW's forecast.

Al.