Board logo

Hi all
rich - 17-6-2007 at 13:01

Hi everyone, I am new here and have recently been fortunate enough to say that I am a regular surfer.

Before I used to live near Brighton, which meant that I could only surf a couple of times a year on trips down to the West Country. Now I live in Axminster Devon, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience of surfing around here at the beaches near by?

Any help would be great!

rich - 19-6-2007 at 13:18

I know that the coast isnt that great along the east. But some people have said that Tiegnmouth can be ok sometimes. Just wanted to get some opinions.

justal - 19-6-2007 at 13:55

Not sure about Teignmouth, but Paignton can be OK by the pier.

You will of course be better off driving across to the N. Devon coast and places like Croyde, Saunton etc.

You are also not too far from Kimmeridge which will be the best place along that coast when it's working. the other place worth looking into is Bantham.

Al.

rich - 19-6-2007 at 14:25

Yeah definitely. I have been looking at the map and plan to make a small trip next week around these places. Somebody told me even Lyme Regis can be ok in the winter months! And that is a 15 mintue walk from my house so that would be great.