Board logo

Pissed off at 6ft offshore at hell's mouth
diddy73 - 22-9-2003 at 20:36

All week I have been trackin Hurricane isabelle, forecasted swell for sat and sun, but it was flat, surf report for rest of this week 0-2ft, so I go to work feeling quite happy knowing there is little or no Surf, come home and check surf report and what do I see, 6ft+ cross off-shore's, why do we check surf reports, hope any of you lucky bastards enjoyed yourself in the mouth today.

SinistaPenguin - 24-9-2003 at 08:37

I tend to only trust the forecasts with webcams, and then only the one's with a date/time stamp. I've been frustrated too many times to trust any forecast completely.

There should be more 'surf cams' on the net

paul - 24-9-2003 at 08:54

more surf cams ? surely that will just encourage more people at your favourtie beach because they can see it on the web ?

SinistaPenguin - 24-9-2003 at 09:09

True, I suppose, but my favourite beach is 5 hours drive from where I live, so it's handy to see what's going on before committing to the journey!

Joner - 27-9-2003 at 06:39

5 hours!!!!! You must live as far rom the coast as you can get in the UK, I didn't realise that anywhere was 5 hours from the coast???

Joner.

SinistaPenguin - 29-9-2003 at 13:26

There is a tree in Leamington with a plaque that states it's the centre of the UK - farthest point from any coast!

The quickest I've found is Bournemouth at 2 hours!