Board logo

Surf Spot
diddy73 - 31-7-2003 at 20:45

On my way to Hell's Mouth the other day I noticed a good swell just further up from Dinas Dinlle, just as you leave Pontllyfni there is a beach on the right, I noticed a lot of Boulders in the water and wasn't sure about it, just wondering if anyone has surfed this spot, it looked perfect, about 3 Foot and offshore.

justal - 31-7-2003 at 21:22

I'm not quite sure where you mean, but last time I was up at Dinas Dinlle, we walked all along the beach there north towards the Menai Straits, and right at the end there was what looked like a promising wave. At the time it was too small to be surfed really, but it was teasing me and I was dying to get my board and give it a go.... Maybe it was the same place.

Al.

diddy73 - 2-8-2003 at 19:46

nah mate it is south of dinas, it looks good, don't want to try until I know about the boulders, they look pretty mean. Is there a road to that break by the menai straits or is it walking only, you never know you could have found a secret spot, gonna get suited up and take the stick for a walk tomorrow, Hopefully!

justal - 2-8-2003 at 20:02

You have to walk to it... Don't think you'll find much in the way of waves there tomorrow though.

It'll be a nice walk though!

Al.