Board logo

billabong movie in the flicks
shawn - 20-10-2004 at 11:18

Don't know if you guys have spotted this already, but it could be grrrrreat.....

http://www.revolvergroup.com/billabong/

bucski - 20-10-2004 at 11:42

this looks excellent, can't wait to see it, do you think there'll be any shots of borth in it????

leonardo - 20-10-2004 at 12:27

GOTTA GET IT DUDE!! Which spot is that? It looks like Mavericks or the Sentinal in Cape Town...mmmm otheriwse it could typically be Jaws on Oahu..

Thodd - 21-10-2004 at 09:49

Cannt wait to see this Film!!
My computer is being crap at the moment so I'm not sure which clip your talking about. The Guy in this film is Mike Parsons who managed a record breaking 66ft wave off the coast of San Diego at the Cortez Bank.

However...... I've a feeling that this record was broken by Pete Cabrinha. He managed a 70ft wave at Jaws earlier in the year....

Crazy..... just crazy sized waves!! I've never seen a wave higher than 20ft and even that would scare the crap out of me! Hard to get your head around!

Thodd - 25-10-2004 at 07:59

Well I watched this on Saturday!

From the opening scene you know its going to be a special film.
Its was really well done, you get to see the Odyssey team training and learning how to survive in big wave conditions
and then jetting off to anywhere on the planet at the drop of a hat.

Theres some great footage from all the famous breaks around the world which where going off BIG time! ie Teahuppoo, Jaws, Mavericks, Cortez Bank, Hossegor.. etc.

The whole documentry is filled with little sections about all the surfers, new technology that they've adapted to use (hydro fin Surfboard) and other interesting tasty nuggets of iformation to get your teeth into.

Just watching the guys on waves this size blows your mind, its an awesome spectacle and everyone should watch this at least once!