Board logo

Surfer saved in Aberystwyth
justanna - 11-2-2004 at 08:46

Just spotted this on the BBC Wales website. Sounds like he had a lucky escape!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/3472649.stm

Dave - 11-2-2004 at 12:56

Sounds like he had some bad luck followed by some good luck and good mates. Well done to them

zelwaters - 12-2-2004 at 00:31

have u seen one of the related topics bout that guy that got carried off by a surf kite then dropped, ouch, cool guy though, expected him to curse kite surfers, only he just suggested better guidelines of where kitesurfers should be allowed to go!!

Zel

Thodd - 12-2-2004 at 08:49

Sounds like he did have a lucky escape!

I found this the other day on t'internet!
Some poor soul out with the surf school in north devon, apparently its a dislocated knee cap!
........not fun!

zelwaters - 15-2-2004 at 01:07

hey thodd, u been watching peter kay recently?

justal - 15-2-2004 at 07:31

I've been in that helicopter!!

Not as a casualty though... I used to work at Croyde and if we had to call the helicopter out, which we did quite often, there would always be a bit of shuffling with the stretcher to see who could go in the helicopter with the casualty!!

Al.

mikestormriders - 19-10-2004 at 15:53

Dyfrigs a lucky boy, With swell running I,m supprised that Dave Ding-all didnt just leave him there.
Rest assured we gave him loads of jyp when he came into Stormriders the day after.
You all be pleased to know that he hasnt been put off surfing and he's currently gone to Indo with his bro Cynrig. He's posting regular updates on the Stormriders Forum bodyboard forum if anyone wants to be made to feel really jealous.
I am just a little annoyed that my Coastguard pager didnt activate and I missed the chance of finally making some money out of a local lol.

[Edited on 19-10-2004 by mikestormriders]

IainO - 19-10-2004 at 21:00

quote:
Originally posted by justal
I've been in that helicopter!!

Not as a casualty though... I used to work at Croyde and if we had to call the helicopter out, which we did quite often, there would always be a bit of shuffling with the stretcher to see who could go in the helicopter with the casualty!!

Al.

I've fixed that helicopter (in the past) - brave man Al

justal - 20-10-2004 at 05:29

If I had known that I would have kept my feet firmly on the ground.... And how come half the windsurfers I know seem to be helicopter mechanics!!

Al.

IainO - 20-10-2004 at 08:29

One of the most compatible jobs with windsurfing. Based by the sea and working shifts so you can get on the water whenever it's windy and the pay's not too bad either

Unfortunately not all helicopters are near the sea