Board logo

Brrrr...... chilly weekend ahead
markh - 18-12-2003 at 10:48

Interesting looking week-end ahead. Both Windguru and Theyr.net are agreeing on the wind picking up during Saturday with Sunday possibly being massive (at least down on the South Coast).

Unfortunately it seems to be swinging round to a Northerly so not only brass monkeys but mostly off-shore as well.

Any top tips for South Coast spots to go in Northerlies that aren't too far west?

justal - 18-12-2003 at 18:17

It sure is lookgin good for both Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday.

Not too cold either with forecasts of 7-9¬?C

No doubt it will be perfect 5m weather!

Al.

justal - 19-12-2003 at 07:34

The forecasts still look good for the weekend....

Is anyone gonna be coming to Borth, or will I be out sailing on my own.

Come on you Big Girls Blouses, its not that cold!!!

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 19-12-2003 at 09:07

Im just gonna make the trip up the M1 to Brogborough colder water than the sea............but nice warm showers
and only 30 mins there and back

AndyW - 19-12-2003 at 09:24

Cold? Saturday might be reasonably mild but Sunday is Max +4, Min -4 plus N/NW windchill and snow showers!!!

But I agree its not too cold to get out but the 2 hour drive either way with snow on the hills is not that appealing. Its a lot colder inland than at the coast making the drive a little dodgy... Guess I'll go shopping then ;-)

justal - 19-12-2003 at 20:12

Like I said..... Perfect conditions!!! The forecasts for here for Sunday say minimum 2¬?C and max 6¬?C. Not sure exactly what it'll be like with the windchill factor,that all depends on just how windy it is (but apparently isn't affected at all by wind direction).... It should at least be refreshing.

Still, not as cold as it was a while back, at least the air temp might be above freezing.... Its best not to think about it too much and just get out there and do it.

I just hope we get some snow as well so that I can go snowboarding.

Al.