Board logo

Looking for windsurfing lessons & windsurf rental near London?
Poole Windsurfing - 14-6-2014 at 11:19

A question that I hear a lot from people living & working in London is...
Where can I go windsurfing near London?

If you are looking for a place to go windsurfing that isn't too far from London, has decent wind & not too expensive to hire or take lessons then you are in luck...

I would 100% say the No 1 location to go windsurfing at for those living/working in London is Poole Harbour. It has some of the best windsurfing the UK has to offer & progression is almost certain with the shallow, safe learning environment!

Adding to this is the fact that you can get to Poole in approx. 1 hour 30 minutes from south London! There is also a direct train from Waterloo to our local station, Parkstone. You are then only a 5 minute cab ride or a nice leisurely 25 minute stroll to Poole Harbour.

If anyone wants more info about this great location just ask or have a look on the Poole Windsurfing school website, which has a lot of information & even a blog that posts regular articles about windsurfing technique, equipment, bargain buys, travel & more!

For windsurfing lessons / windsurf hire Poole Windsurfing has brand new equipment for the 2014 season, with 20 years teaching experience, small groups & reasonable prices.

Hope this is helpful to all those stuck in London who are wanting to get out on the water!