Board logo

Borth- sunday 8th
Henry - 5-12-2013 at 16:31

Is anyone planning on sailing at Borth this sunday?

I have recently moved back to shrewsbury and am looking for people to sail with? am keen to explore mid wales as i have only sailed at rossy previously

Henry

alistair - 5-12-2013 at 18:40

I'm keeping an eye on the forecast but at the moment it looks a bit marginal for the weekend to tempt me out.

But it would be good to have another windsurfer when it does blow, I've been outnumbered by the kitesurfers since I moved here in the summer.

Generally most people sail at Ynyslas rather than Borth.

Hopefully see you before too long if not on Sunday.

Alistair

justal - 6-12-2013 at 03:22

I won't be able to ale it out on Sunday, but I'll be up for a sail sometime when it's windy... Off the seafront at Ynyslas - not that I've been out for a while.

Al.

Henry - 6-12-2013 at 10:52

Hi guys,

ok, good to know there are people to sail with. Not sure what my plans are now as I may have to go further North- Is LLandudno any good?? will let you know if i'm at ynslas.

Henry

Blaschito - 14-12-2013 at 19:12

Alistair, if you need an extra "odd" person I may join you tomorrow for a cold sail at Ynyslas. I am planning to go there around midday..looks like it should be a bit warmer tomorrow and less windier as well

alistair - 14-12-2013 at 20:11

Blaschito, I'm hoping to go again tomorrow if the wind blows as forecast. Possibly from about 1pm. It would be great to have some "extra odd" company on the water

Blaschito - 14-12-2013 at 20:16

That's good even if I will be on a kite and not windsurfing (I know this is the wrong section of the forum for kiters

Finger crossed for tomorrow then!!

justal - 15-12-2013 at 06:43

Wish I could join you... I've had the lurgy for what seems like forever and I'm going stir crazy here.

Al.

alistair - 15-12-2013 at 08:25

Not much wind yet - hopefully it will wake up in time for us! Shame about the lurgy Al, I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever see you on the water. I've been here 5 months and no sighting

justal - 15-12-2013 at 14:25

Yep, I used to be out every day, but not so much nowadays as I have so much training to fit in... I can't do 3 hours training and a couple of hours windsurfing all within an 8 hour work day.... Actually, I suppose I could... What with an hour or so for getting changed, rigged and showered in between various session I suppose that would still leave at least an hour for work!

Al.