Board logo

where were the windsurfers?
roughjaw - 2-9-2012 at 08:52

Hi all.
Made it to the coast (Borth) yesterday for the first time in a long time. Lots of kiters about but no windsurfers. Most likely because of the wind direction making it quite hard to get out - was anyone out yesterday and where did they go? Just so I know where to go next time....hopefully it won't be another year or two

Had a good session though. But, of course, as soon as I changed to my bigger board the wind picked up and I wanted to be on the smaller one again!

Ash

justal - 2-9-2012 at 10:36

I was walking up Snowdon... Not that I've been out much lately anyway, but if I was I would have been out on the seafront at Ynyslas.

Was it windy enough?

Al.

shem - 2-9-2012 at 15:38

Not many kiters out over here in Aberdyfi either. I was teaching all day, but I onl saw 4-5 kiters out all day, it was a pretty epic day as well, solid wind straight through

Spooker - 4-9-2012 at 07:40

Maybe 6 or so out on the Ynyslas side, most folk put off by a marginal forecast?
But as Shem says, it got better and better as the day went in, windier and sunnier, turned into a most excellent session )

roughjaw - 1-10-2012 at 21:56

Sorry, I forgot to check for replies

Yeah, I was on a 6.0 and it was solid once it built up all those weeks ago.

Everyone have a good one on Sunday?
I was up at Rhosneigr battling on a 4.2 before running to Bala with my tail between my legs for a tamer sail on a 5.2. I did have a good session on my new board (Kode 94), it's been a while since I've been on as small a small board. Though I felt sorry for/impressed with the 2 guys uphauling their 5.0 on their beginner/intermediate boards. They just kept going in the tough conditions.

I've been out sailing 7 days in the last month - that's more than I've been out in the whole of the previous year - hopefully I can keep it up!!

justal - 2-10-2012 at 09:25

Don't rub it in - I haven't been out for ages - too scared of injuring myself before my big race in a couple of weeks time!

Al.

roughjaw - 2-10-2012 at 18:38

What race is coming up? Is it the World Champs?

No major niggles I hope!

justal - 3-10-2012 at 06:20

Yep, it is.... And there is a major niggle in the form of possible stress fractures in my fibula, but I'm waiting on the results of an MRI scan to see how bad it is... I haven't been running for about 10 weeks though so will just have to see how it goes in the race.

Al.