Board logo

Boardwise Demo Weekends 2007
justal - 11-5-2007 at 17:02

The dates for the boardwise windsurf demos at Aberdovey have been announced:

16th & 17th June - The Boardwise annual 'Begineer to Intermediate' demo will be held at the Aberdyfi estuary, all the UK importers will be there with equipment for all to try, along with our demo van. Always a fun packed weekend for all the family to enjoy.

13th & 14th October - Boardwise annual 'Intermediate to Advanced' demo will be held at Aberdyfi estuary again, all the UK importers will be there with equipment for all to try along with our demo van. Another fun packed weekend for all the family to enjoy, but targeted at those who are at improver level and above.

justal - 5-6-2007 at 19:45

Anyone coming to the demo in a couple of weekends??

Lets hope this spell of windles weather means that the wind gods are saving something special for the demo!!

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 6-6-2007 at 14:25

Its going to be windy in Scotland! Im up riding the 7 stanes that weekend

Loxley - 27-9-2007 at 12:11

Will be there for the October weekend.
Finally getting the wakeboarding boat stored up for the winter this weekend so will back into the kiting now for the winter.

justal - 27-9-2007 at 12:38

I hoping for loads of wind on the BW demo day as I have some money to spend and want some SPEEEEEED kit!!

It'll be good to be able to try some out before I buy though.

Al.

Jonny - 27-9-2007 at 17:52

Like I said in the other thread, I'll be coming to the demo providing theres a reasonable forecast. Cornwall for me next weekend as well so praying for wind & surf for the next 2 or 3 weeks!
Bring on these low pressure systems!

kelvin - 28-9-2007 at 11:30

Thats me boy Al -spend /spend/spend .

Will keep an eye on forcast for a raid !

AndyW - 28-9-2007 at 12:36

I'll probably come down for the demo, maybe just the one day, have to see what the forecast says.

Probably not spending anything just now as a new MTB is my next purchase, but there's always next years toys to plan for.

Al, are you driving over or sailing over ;-)

justal - 28-9-2007 at 14:11

Depends on the wind as to whether I drive, swim or sail across!..

What bike you getting Andy, it looks as though we'll all have MTB's soon for those no-windy days.

It'll be good to see you up here Kelvin if the wind puts in an appearance. I shall be down your way this weekend at Llangenith, but probably won't bring my windsurfing kit as it doesn't look as though there will be any wind.

Spend Spend Spend: Great isn't it, I wonder just how much I need to spend to get closer to 40 knots though!!

Al.

kelvin - 29-9-2007 at 13:30

Llangenith on weekend is a bit windless Al , bring your MTB some some great trails at Afan to try .
On a further note the BWA boys are trying to do a boot sale Sunday morning , 1st try so dont know how it will work out but come along for a chat and a coffe anyway , if you have anything you looking to part with bring it with you .

Map to sale here
http://www.winsurfing.co.uk/puravidaMAP.asp

justal - 30-9-2007 at 12:49

I missed your post kelvin....

I didn't take my windsurfing kit as there wasn't going to be any wind but had a couple of really nice surf sessions so it was a good weekend anyway.

Al.

simonzz - 30-9-2007 at 19:48

Sounds quite tempting. Is a reservation necessary or do you just rock-up?

justal - 1-10-2007 at 07:07

Just turn up... bring a wetsuit and a harness and you will be good to go... You can of course bring your own kit too if you want but there is usually enough demo kit to go around.

Al.

justal - 8-10-2007 at 15:49

Looks like we need to do a wind dance for the weekend if we want to get our hands on some demo kit.

Al.

Jonny - 10-10-2007 at 15:38

Forecast is not looking great is it.
Southerly 10 knots at best on Sunday. The suns meant to be shining though

justal - 10-10-2007 at 15:46

I'll probably turn up one day just for a look around and then will head of to do some mountain-biking or caching.... Would really like to try out some speed kit but there ain't gonna be a enough wind for that.

Al.

AndyW - 10-10-2007 at 16:47

Jules and I are going to be out for the weekend wind or not, so will take a look at the kit and I might be able to persude Jules that I should bring the MTB along!

Otherwise will be out walking or in the pub! Will have to see.

Andy

justal - 10-10-2007 at 21:05

Bring the bike Andy.... Just had a call from Steve and I'm meeting him in Aberdovey at 10am on Saturday, we'll have a quick drool over the kit and then head off to the hills for a bike ride... We'll expect you to join us too!

Al.

shem - 10-10-2007 at 21:47

Theres a fun ride over the top of Aberdyfi and down into Happy valley, you can then carry on down happy valley and take a wicked track over to Abergenolwyn, its then about 8 miles back to Aberdyfi. Or for a easy fix just go to mach and do the climax!

Spooker - 11-10-2007 at 07:41

Or better, better still you can hook up with Nick, Graham and me etc and do Cader Idris - much more of an outing

AndyW - 11-10-2007 at 08:24

Al,

quote:
Bring the bike Andy.... Just had a call from Steve and I'm meeting him in Aberdovey at 10am on Saturday, we'll have a quick drool over the kit and then head off to the hills for a bike ride... We'll expect you to join us too!

I'll see what I can do. Where are you planning on going for the ride?

I need to bear in mind that I have to keep Jules entertained!

Andy

justal - 11-10-2007 at 08:33

Maybe I should have kept the fact that I need to keep Anna and morgan entertained too before making plans!!!

I don't mind where we ride.

Al.

Impi - 11-10-2007 at 08:59

Guys

I am down all weekend, Friday to Monday but I dont have a bike. I am however happy to sit on the back on one your bikes in a baby seat and see how you get on. Maybe I should go fishing instead.

nick-r - 11-10-2007 at 09:59

quote:
Originally posted by Spooker
Or better, better still you can hook up with Nick, Graham and me etc and do Cader Idris - much more of an outing

and if at any point you feel like you can't go on...it's down hill all the way home...

nick-r - 12-10-2007 at 06:52

that would be a "no" then, would it.?

[Edited on 12-10-2007 by nick-r]

justal - 12-10-2007 at 07:07

What time are you meeting to do Cadair?

We are planning to spend some time at Aberdovey first at the demo day and then will probably have to head somewhere where Jules and possibly Anna and Morgan can be entertained as well.

Al.

nick-r - 12-10-2007 at 08:38

meeting at approx 10.30am ish by the chapel....(not fixed in stone). but judging by last time we did it, it took about 5 hours to get up and down ....so would'nt want to leave it too late.
there's 4 maybe 5 of us so far.

also, can somebody plz remind graham that it's not a race to the top

nick-r - 12-10-2007 at 08:44

quote:
Originally posted by Impi
Guys

I am down all weekend, Friday to Monday but I dont have a bike. I am however happy to sit on the back on one your bikes in a baby seat and see how you get on. Maybe I should go fishing instead.

mountain bike hire in dolgellau...approx 20/30 quid for the day.

AndyW - 12-10-2007 at 10:08

Right, bike packed and ready to go.

Next need to decide whether to bring any big windsurfing kit just incase there's enough wind for Jules to get out for a cruise around the estuary!

Spooker - 12-10-2007 at 10:33

3 hours max this time Nick - and I'm the slow one

not sure what you and Jon got up to last time.....

nick-r - 12-10-2007 at 10:57

quote:
Originally posted by Spooker
3 hours max this time Nick - and I'm the slow one

not sure what you and Jon got up to last time.....

oh fcuk....

did i mention that my left knee cap is hurting where i fell out of the back of the landrover 3 weeks ago.

i might just get there 30 mins early for a headstart....don't forget your radio.ch1..

and no messing about....

mNeil - 12-10-2007 at 11:43

£20/30 bike hire!!!!!!!!! you can hire a car for that and more importantly you can buy about 9/15 pints in the Brittania inn on saturday evening

mountain people - 12-10-2007 at 12:06

is there a chance that there will be any big kit at the demo? As it looks there will be no chance of trying any short boards.

[Edited on 12-10-2007 by mountain people]

nick-r - 12-10-2007 at 12:23

quote:
Originally posted by mNeil
£20/30 bike hire!!!!!!!!! you can hire a car for that and more importantly you can buy about 9/15 pints in the Brittania inn on saturday evening

true....but if you try and take your hire car up cadair, you'll probably lose your deposit....even more so after 15 pints.

AndyW - 12-10-2007 at 12:58

quote:
is there a chance that there will be any big kit at the demo? As it looks there will be no chance of trying any short boards.

I would think that the Boardwise demo van will be loaded with bigger kit given the forecast.

Not sure what the importers will have with them but this is the improvers/advanced demo so there should be big freeride kit for improvers as well as the small stuff.

justal - 13-10-2007 at 06:43

Should be some surf, so bring your surf boards as well as your bikes.

Al.

mNeil - 13-10-2007 at 14:45

yep your correct there Nick; suppose you all had a good time today on the cycles, me did a bit of work at home in the rain phew!!!!!!! never mind the Barton arms it is sunday night for some oakhams beer slurp slurp!!!!!!

justal - 15-10-2007 at 09:30

Boardwise Demo was OK... Lots of nice kit to look at but not a puff of wind, so we didn't hang around long.

Steve, AndyW and I headed off to do the climachx trail and unexpectedly caught Graham and Jon up at the top of the first climb. We thought they were on Cadair and apparently they had been but decided better of it and came to Mach instead, leaving Nick on Cadair on his own!.

We had a nice little ride around the Climachx trail then a surf at Ynyslas. Not a bad day out.

Al.

nick-r - 15-10-2007 at 14:12

quote:
Originally posted by justal
We thought they were on Cadair and apparently they had been but decided better of it and came to Mach instead, leaving Nick on Cadair on his own!.

they got as far as the car park....lol
spooks did'nt even get that far.

Spooker - 15-10-2007 at 14:18

I was struck down by a rare and undiagnosed malady

but I'm ok now thanks

justal - 15-10-2007 at 14:47

quote:
Originally posted by nick-r

they got as far as the car park....lol
spooks did'nt even get that far.

LOL... How did you get on Nick??

Al.

nick-r - 15-10-2007 at 16:04

diary entry added...

Spooker - 16-10-2007 at 09:27

Top diary entry Nick!

Had a blow out on the zimmer while negotiating a particularly tricky high speed corner on the back lawn

but good to know someone made the effort

At least I've got a real, gritty excuse - not like the ladies that lunch - who went for a picnic in the woods together

nick-r - 16-10-2007 at 10:58