Board logo

is this wind i see for the weekend.....S/SW
mNeil - 30-6-2009 at 09:20

think i will be up friday evening............HUGE KITES PLEASE!!!!!!

Loxley - 30-6-2009 at 11:35

It's a bit of wind Neil, not too much as yet though. A knot or two more may drag me out of the water.

Spooker - 30-6-2009 at 14:02

Hey Mark how's your back?

Great weekend up at Rhosneigr under the steady hand and knowing eye of cap'n Loxley.

Bit of a ways to go, even tho 15-20 knots forcast for next weekend looks inviting....

airfix - 30-6-2009 at 21:10

i'l be down friday evening, sat and sun looking ok!

mNeil - 30-6-2009 at 21:51

will see you friday Adam. will Syria( taken from the spanish/persian meaning "sunbright") be dazzling us on the water?

col123 - 1-7-2009 at 13:42

the rock is calling nearer 20mph..mmmmm

Spooker - 1-7-2009 at 14:38

Certainly looking better further North at the moment, I'll keep and eye on the forecast and decide where to go Fri morning probly...

mNeil - 1-7-2009 at 18:03

you are both probably correct but no parking overnight on the beach in season.

justal - 2-7-2009 at 07:59

Uh oh... You may have spoken too soon, forecast isn't looking quite so good now.

Grrr.

Al.

Loxley - 2-7-2009 at 11:40

Nothing for me this weekend regardless of wind, sun or rain as I am resting a back injury from last weekend.

All I did was bend down to pump up and ouch... lower back muscle popped and I was laid out flat for the day. Walking now, but painful none the less.
Just want to get it rested and not to aggravate it before heading to France so will not be beach bound this weekend for sure.

airfix - 3-7-2009 at 06:29

going to give it a miss this weekend, see what next weekend brings.

Spooker - 3-7-2009 at 11:20

Blackrock sands for me I think, wind looking too sketchy and waaay to Southerly at Borth. Further North looking increasingly promising - especially Sunday.

I'll stay at the campsite at the far end - if anyone makes it up there - see you on the water

Loxley - 3-7-2009 at 11:34

Hi Spooks.

I am considering going over in the car just for the sunday if the forecast keeps up as well as this.
Just going to see how my back fares today and tomorrow.
Would be a shame to miss a session in sunshine and decent wind, so have fingers crossed for a late recovery in the lumbar region.

mNeil - 3-7-2009 at 11:49

i think thats the way forward Spooks; will be joining you this evening.

mNeil - 6-7-2009 at 07:35

wow what a weekend!!!!! good session on saturday at black rock and sunday afternoon at borth was amazing; the best this year but so few peoplke on the water; Nick,Col and myself,,,,,,,,,,and WHERE WAS ANDREW? looking at his wind meter all afternoon .
i hear that Tony has a step ladder forsale on ebay; left over from his experimental days i expect.

Loxley - 6-7-2009 at 11:12

Well I was stuck at home again. Was packing the car saturday morning for a trip over in the afternoon when I put my back out again.
Then laid up on the floor for the rest of the weekend.
Am off to the physio after lunch so hopefully he can find the problem and get it sorted before we head out to France.

Was really fed up not being able to do anything at all, even stuck at home I couldnt even get any house or garden jobs done !

See you all soon though in one shape or other.

airfix - 6-7-2009 at 11:43

doh! looks like I missed a good couple of sessions.

col123 - 7-7-2009 at 16:46

yes ANDREW was missing somewhat on sunday

REECEY - 7-7-2009 at 19:09

Went to Blackrock on Sunday and met up with the Telford crew. Wind was ok but started to drop off as the lagoon dried up. Still had a good session( for me). Some other kiters were out with their 15 & 17M Waroos. Off to Egypt on Friday. YE Ha.

Spooker - 8-7-2009 at 08:47

Well ANDREW is making up for it with some midweek sailing while you suckers sweat away at work

Sunny and 15 knots yesterday, and its sunny now and been howling all night, so I expect today will be fantastic as well

col123 - 8-7-2009 at 22:05

mmmmm practise much is needed by ANDREW

Spooker - 9-7-2009 at 09:05

And practice much is what we got yesterday! After a dull start the sun came out and we had a steady 15-18 knots all day. Went down to the lagoons and had a great afternoon in warm, knee deep water. Me, Nick Ibeza Daz and Gabriel out in one the the best days this year