Board logo

Superb bank holiday
Dandine - 24-3-2008 at 22:31

Great bank holiday. Not ideal at borth friday but pushed us down to Llanrhystud. Great day for the waves on Saturday, you see how high tony was jumping!!!!! Sunday not so good, but still enjoyable, lovely place highly recommend.Polished off with a pedal in Brechfa Forest. Sound. I nearly forgot about's penny's birthday, nuff said.

Dandine - 24-3-2008 at 22:31

why's the name blocked off?????

justal - 25-3-2008 at 06:50

Because lots of people complain if it gets mentioned on the forums as they think it is some kind of secret spot!

Al.

Fart Boy - 25-3-2008 at 17:10

Well I did not get wet but got the loan of a buggy and glad I packed my small foils. Had a great couple of days with my son though which more than made up for the lack of water action. We are now both working on his idea for the next addition to the van.

nick-r - 25-3-2008 at 17:33

quote:
Originally posted by Fart Boy
Well I did not get wet but got the loan of a buggy and glad I packed my small foils. Had a great couple of days with my son though which more than made up for the lack of water action. We are now both working on his idea for the next addition to the van.

a pair of reef girls.......

Fart Boy - 26-3-2008 at 17:33

I wish. I'm not sure I could trust my son to keep his mouth shut. Perhaps when he is a bit older he may understand!

andy B - 26-3-2008 at 20:02

it sure was a good w/e Dan.
when we went back to Borth, i got out for about 3 hours on monday had the place to myself saying that Al came out on his windsurfer.
its looking good for this w/e i just hope forecast stays as is.
anybody playing this w/e ?

Beeds - 26-3-2008 at 22:28

hi andy, long time no see! sounds like we just missed each other at borth .will be at beach friday all day ,( got a pass out ,would be silly not to use the pass)may see you there .

Dandine - 27-3-2008 at 06:09

Can't do this weekend Hopefully the one after

kelvin - 27-3-2008 at 10:35

quote:
Originally posted by Dandine
Great bank holiday. Not ideal at borth friday but pushed us down to Llanrhystud. Great day for the waves on Saturday, you see how high tony was jumping!!!!! Sunday not so good, but still enjoyable, lovely place highly recommend.Polished off with a pedal in Brechfa Forest. Sound. I nearly forgot about's penny's birthday, nuff said.

done brechfa myself Monday , wet muddy start ,grrrrrrrr- but dried out in aft for lap 2 , guess you must be one of the kite boys that trailed my mob around ?

Spooker - 27-3-2008 at 13:03

Mimmmm might turn up on Saturday, bang on southerly tho so if I do it will be Dyfi side.
Bit cold for me really. Oh and only got 1 kite left that flies, so anything under 18-20 knots is a non-starter

Encee - 27-3-2008 at 16:27

Should be on the Dovey side Saturday.

quote:
Oh and only got 1 kite left that flies

Is there a story to tell here spooks ?

Fart Boy - 27-3-2008 at 17:14

Weekend at home for me and earn some points. Dish washer hunt I believe as the current one has broke. No its not the wife thats broke! Mind you I think she is beyond the extended warranty period now!

andy B - 27-3-2008 at 19:52

hi tim
are you up fri only ? wont be up till fri night. staying borth side all weekend.
still looking windy, but very wet sat and then abit less wind sunday but no rain. see ya on the beach sometime.

Dandine - 27-3-2008 at 20:20

yeah, thats right kelvin. Followed a group round (seem to know their way round) Fairplay for lap 2. My body was battered from 3 day's kiting. think i will do again, those tabletops are calling!

REECEY - 27-3-2008 at 23:20

Weather looks ok for Sunday so i will be at Borth for a bit more practice

Encee - 28-3-2008 at 19:20

Given the rain n gusty forecast for tomorrow think I'm gonna see what Sunday brings.