Board logo

weekend 19th looking good at borth
mNeil - 15-1-2008 at 13:27

wind looking good for both days, will be up this weekend....see youz

shem - 15-1-2008 at 17:13

Geuss what. I wont be here, Im going to the midlands to sit around in my Camper van.

Spooker - 15-1-2008 at 17:28

Camper van? Have you tarted up that shed of a Toyota of yours - or have you been on the magic mushrooms again??

shem - 15-1-2008 at 18:02

Shed of a toyaota, my Hilux is the shizniz.

But Yes I have been on the mushrooms again.

jon d hat - 15-1-2008 at 18:16

quote:
Originally posted by shem
Geuss what. I wont be here, Im going to the midlands to sit around in my Camper van.

No mushrooms required...you got as much chance of kitesurfing here as at the coast at the mo

Fart Boy - 15-1-2008 at 18:28

Yes Jon the thought had crossed my mind this weekend. Saves on the desel thats for sure.

jon d hat - 15-1-2008 at 18:36

Yep..price of fuel is a complete P!$$ take. Sunday looks like the day if the wind forcast holds. No doubt there will be plenty of fields, racecourses, reckies etc to choose from as the rain looks like it's in for the best part of the week.

That will be novel.. only driving 20-30 miles for a sesh

Noo Noo - 16-1-2008 at 07:14

Crossing fingers the forecast doesn't change. Could be a busy one for me by the look of things. I'll be in North Wales Thursday night and hopefully get the chance a full weekends kiting.

BRS most proabably

Anytips on drying a wetsuit in a hurry?? Putting a wet wettie on this time of year doesn't sound particularly attractive

Loxley - 16-1-2008 at 09:22

Hi Col,

Me and debs will be stopping in Portmadog on Friday night as I am looking at a new boat on Saturday morning and will hang around Black Rock on saturday to see what the wind will do, so if you are about give us a tinkle.

depending on conditions we will stay at BRS or head on down to Borth saturday afternoon/evening.

Mark

Noo Noo - 16-1-2008 at 09:47

hi Mark, good stuff.

I'll definately catch up with you at some point. Hoping that forecast holds / improves a touch.

Fat Shady - 16-1-2008 at 22:02

Hi Noo Noo (and every one else :bigsmile3d, I plan on going to BRS on saturday if the forecast holds out.

See you there

Noo Noo - 17-1-2008 at 07:45

Yes. Excellent news.

Think the forecast has stuck its finger up at us though

ajwhitewater - 17-1-2008 at 19:09

quote:
Originally posted by shem

Shem get your Priority’s in order dude, thow I do think Daz and myself will be doing the same thing, only at the borth thow lol

[Edited on 17-1-2008 by ajwhitewater]

Kitefish - 17-1-2008 at 20:06

Winds gone naff now for both days

Got plenty water in the fields round here though, not sure if I fancy it after my near death experience last year. Funny wind that inland stuff.

Anyway won't even have a camper to grow mushies in after Saturday, me and Che will be parting company as some Dude in Cannock wants to pimp him up.

jon d hat - 17-1-2008 at 23:08

N Devon still looking good..Saunton works well in a south westerly.

Anyone fancy a change? I have monday off too and the wind is forcast to be in till then

jon d hat - 17-1-2008 at 23:22

quote:
Originally posted by Kitefish
Anyway won't even have a camper to grow mushies in after Saturday, me and Che will be parting company as some Dude in Cannock wants to pimp him up.

A sad day for you Fish but hey..no point in getting sentimental, you'll be moving onto bigger and better things.and expanding your carbon footprint! be as big as Niel's!!

justal - 19-1-2008 at 18:31

Looking good for Sunday now.

Al.

Noo Noo - 21-1-2008 at 07:40

Well that was poo and I'm sulking.

friday was doable at 25 knots but self launching / landing and a load of mist and fog on the water made going out on your own a bit of a no no

Sunday PM the fog still there.

How's the beaches down at Dyfi / Borth? the amount of rubbish that's washed up at Black Rock is just plain heartbreaking

Loxley - 21-1-2008 at 08:39

Hi Col,

It was impossible conditions at Black Rock on saturday as well.
Thick mist/fog with little or no breeze for most of the morning.

Sunday at home there was a fair amount of wind on and off but that was mixed with rain so not sure how the coast faired.

As for rubbish on the beach, I feel sorry for the guys down on the south coast at Worthing with those thousands of wooden planks washed up from the boat which sank.

justal - 21-1-2008 at 09:08

quote:
Originally posted by Loxley
As for rubbish on the beach, I feel sorry for the guys down on the south coast at Worthing with those thousands of wooden planks washed up from the boat which sank.

Wondered what you were talking about at first then Anna sent me this link

Al.

Noo Noo - 21-1-2008 at 13:34

Hi Mark

What was the boat like? Did it float?

Loxley - 21-1-2008 at 14:03

Well I will hope it floats !
Didnt have a test drive as such, but as its from the dealer they have warranted it for a year and I will have a 'find out what it can do' session in a few weeks time.