Board logo

blackrock last weekend
col123 - 26-11-2007 at 08:41

well a nice change at blackrock, not so mushy on the waves, it was cross on and 25 to 30knts on sat, and dry (no rain yipeee)..

Had a great time on the water, with about 12 out, as the tide went out there were huge knee deep lagoons forming, so had some mad speed runs and flat water trickery..

sunday was sunny with about 15mph but i was too knackered togo out so went jetsking instead, a few tried to go out but the wind slowly died down and it was up to the land based lot to play.......

How was borth??

seen shem's post sounds like it was windy and wet

shem - 26-11-2007 at 09:12

Super windy and wet first thing, I left at 10, but the usualls said they had a epic day afterwards, ( Bugger).

dunk - 26-11-2007 at 15:54

Yep Top sess at Borth too.

Anyone know what the Ambulance was for Saturday????

Dunk

Fart Boy - 26-11-2007 at 16:19

Yep Saturday myself, Dandine and a couple of others had a great day once the gusts settled a bit mid morning. We were out till it started dropping dark.

Sunday we were out at 8 am with the wind dropping at times and combined with a strong tide kept you on your toe's.

Great weekend.

mNeil - 26-11-2007 at 16:37

Dunk see my post land boarder suffers hyperthermia

crut - 28-11-2007 at 10:40

The ambulance was for a guy called Pete.

He suffered hypothermia but was warmed up and released from hospital at 9.30pm. He is ok but learnt a valuable lesson - that 3/4length trousers + northerly wind + wet == bad.

CharlieR - 30-11-2007 at 10:00

Its all about the drysuit at this time of year! Blackrock was good Col, Saturday rocked then the highlight on sunday for a few of us was wakeboarding behind the jetski, god that think is a weapon!

Was impressed with the Airush you were on, didn't realise it was possible for a kite that size to get something that heavy that high in the air ;-)

Had a few days in Rhosneigr after Blackrock, conditions were mixed, Wednesday was mental winds. Back at work now . . . . but nearly the weekend

col123 - 30-11-2007 at 19:11

yea must be a good kite, or your crap, couldn't follow me out through the lagoon could we!!!

and yes i was going high even chris from ozone was impressed...