Board logo

Poor Als under powered problems!!!
shem - 8-11-2007 at 18:11

QUOTE>>>>Went to the beach with my 4m and 4,5m sails as the wind was gusting close to 40 knots, but once there it wasn't actually that windy, just the odd big gust so went with the bigger sail..... What a surprise, nowhere near enough wind and I couldn't get going at all.

Stood around for a bit chatting to Simon and Dunk and then had another go. Managed to get going this time but it was all a bit marginal. Finally the wind did pick up for a while and I was able to get going properly and stay up wind so I did have a decent session in the end. Even then, although the wind was gusting close to 40 knots, the lulls were pretty big and the average windspeed was still less than 30 knots which was only just enough for my 4.5m sail.

Get the kite out again Al, we were all doing our best to hang onto 9s at aberdyfi today, you know it makes sense, hehe

mNeil - 8-11-2007 at 18:27

no use Shem he still lives on the past!
still a complete suprise to me that he uses a PC and not his trusty abbacus.

justal - 8-11-2007 at 18:44

Yawn yawn yawn!!! Trouble with kiting is I fall asleep whilst doing it!

Its just been a bad week for windsurfing so far... Well a bad autumn actually.

Al.

dunk - 8-11-2007 at 19:42

You should of waited till the sun came out Al.

Solid 30knts + I was well powered on my 6 meter. I think I still prefer my "C's" but I suppose the 6m SLE is a bit safer in those winds. It was just a bit lonely out there on my own.

For me, a top Autum day in the end.

Bring on tomorrow!

Dunks

chris - 8-11-2007 at 20:03

im sure a few kiteloops would wake you up

dunk - 8-11-2007 at 20:52

mmmmmmm

Maybe, its because Anna can't see him windsurfing, if he was kiteing she'd see his kite from there house.

mNeil - 9-11-2007 at 12:36

you could be right there Dunk; every time he slips out to the porta he is really out on the water!!!!!

col123 - 9-11-2007 at 20:36

it's because the kites frighten the sheep, and we know Al likes sheep