Board logo

Weekend looks rubish
shem - 8-8-2007 at 13:27

Not looking good for the weekend ahead, any one coming down anyway?

dunk - 8-8-2007 at 15:55

I''l be over Friday evening,
Looks like I'll be stripping ceiling beams if there's no wind then

Pluto - 9-8-2007 at 20:16

Is that all you're stripping Dunk?

Pluto - 9-8-2007 at 20:17

Weekend off then Shem?

col123 - 9-8-2007 at 21:07

mmmmmmmmm jet ski

Kitefish - 10-8-2007 at 09:06

Weekend looks excellent from where I'm sitting , forcast for good winds over the next week or two. I have had four days of non stop kiting in just boardies and a rashie. Oh forgot to mention I,m on Calis beach Turkey 30+ degrees and windy

justal - 10-8-2007 at 10:15

Next week looks good here at the mo though... Apart from the rain, but I'll put up with that if it brings wind with it.

Al.

dunk - 10-8-2007 at 10:15

quote:
Originally posted by col123
mmmmmmmmm jet ski

Unless used for rescue, the only good place for a jet ski's at least 10 miles off shore.

Sorry, but they really get on my nerves, they're noisy, smell of fuel and generally the people who ride them have no idea of the rules.......Maybe some of them should come on one of my powerboat courses?

Oh where do the fit in with forces of nature?

He he.... moan over

shem - 10-8-2007 at 10:22

I must admit I share your views Dunk, They dont really bother me, but once youve done half anf hour of blasting around theyre pretty boring. There only fun use is towing into sturdy surf. Ive got a mate thats towed maverics a few times, which is pretty hardcore. For real flat day fun ya need a nice big mastercraft with a huge wake. (shame I havnt got a spare 30 grand)!

leonardo - 10-8-2007 at 10:33

tow-in surfing rocks. might be riding some thurso point break action soon..

as for this weekend wind fully gay

shem - 10-8-2007 at 12:00

Leo che footage of leigh from Aberystwyth riding huge Thurso on one of the TIN CAN production videos. The place gets huge!!!!!!

shem - 10-8-2007 at 17:42

Having said that Col, if you wanna leave it at mine, during the week, thats fine, Im sure Ill find a use for it somewhere. Or maybe chuck the engine in my scrambler!

justal - 11-8-2007 at 05:24

quote:
Originally posted by justal
Next week looks good here at the mo though... Apart from the rain, but I'll put up with that if it brings wind with it.

Al.

Looks as though I spoke too soon.... Or could it be that the wind has left forever because I have a new board on the way!!

Al.

kelvin - 12-8-2007 at 06:35

new board Al ! whats coming ?
hope you havent gone and bought a full 2008 price board , but the more realistic been on the shelf last 2yrs but still new bargain ! which in my opinion repersents the true value of the board !!!!!!
bought a naish vector freewave this yr brand new but a 05 model £399 .
Back to the weather then - yes mid week looks ok at moment and theres some swell coming with the wind so fingers crossed for some decent wave action .

ooopps edit i,ve just read the other post about the replacement naish ! you done well there

[Edited on 12-8-2007 by kelvin]

shem - 12-8-2007 at 14:42

Not such a rubbish weekend, pretty solid wind over here today, a nice surprise, and quiet on the beach to!

chase - 13-8-2007 at 09:58

bit more than solid later on...steady 16-20knts from 3pm, oh and I could get lisa off the skim she seems to have really taken to it and rides it better than her ( or is that mine) twinny.

Mind you cant move my back this morning after falling off it saturday playing silly b******rs in the lagoons

justal - 13-8-2007 at 10:30

It seemed to be around 16-20 knots for most of the day, just teasing me with not quite enough!

It did pick up to 22-26 knots for about an hour at 5pm, I was just about to go out when some prospective clients phoned and wanted to come around for a chat there and then, so I had to sit there talking to them whilst watching the wind meter reading 'perfect easy cruising conditions'... of course once I did get on the water at around 6pm it had dropped off to around 18-20 knots again and there wasn't enough!

Al.

shem - 13-8-2007 at 11:15

Glad your enjoying the skim board. Im well stoked with them. Rode mine strapped Sunday, and its such a cruzy ride. Goes super easy, and manages solid jumps as well. Im gonna see if I can make a quick release strap system for it,, rarther than having to carry a screw driver down the beach, depending on riding style.

Looking pretty epic out the re now as well, but Im saving it for tommorow.

leonardo - 13-8-2007 at 17:46

just you wait until you try transition kiteloops or kickflips with the skimmy!!! Good bye shins and big chunks out of your toes!