Board logo

sonic sales
chris - 19-2-2007 at 14:25

i know there is a for sale section to this wonderful web site but it feels a little lost and not quite as clear as it used to be.

just to post a link to my 8m sonic which is on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Globerider-Sonic-8m-kite-kitesurfing-kiteboarding_W0QQitemZ250085905567QQihZ015QQcategoryZ117150QQssPageNameZWDVW QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(sorry Al)

justal - 19-2-2007 at 15:42

The For Sale section hasn't changed for ages... Its the same as it has been for a while... I don't really know how to make it any more obvious?? It seems to get new ads added to it pretty regularly (5 new ads yesterday, 3 the day before that, 2 the day before that) so someone must be finding it!!

Al.

dunk - 19-2-2007 at 15:58

What you buying mate?

chris - 19-2-2007 at 16:21

dunk,

well 2007 is gonna be the year of the surf board for me. back to falling off failed gybes etc. gonna use a 9m trix and jimmy lewis 6' kiteboard. you should have a look at the jimmy lewis able to kitesurf straps or unstraped and it is big enough to surf with and it should be good for light wind days because its 50cm wide shems got a demo board.
looked at the f-one legend looks good but not sure how well its gonna ride on the nose?

laters

kiteboardingcrazy - 20-2-2007 at 01:03

get yourself a naish mutant the are awesome!!!
they handle so well in waves,and go like shit of a shovel
plus great for big air.........

[Edited on 20-2-2007 by kiteboardingcrazy]

chris - 20-2-2007 at 08:08

have you tried to gybe a mutant! bloody difficult. great for boosting big jumps. hoping to get the strapless thing sorted out.

looks like its surfing all the way this week

kiteboardingcrazy - 20-2-2007 at 10:29

thats all i ride i have used them for the last 2 years im now riding a naish alien(mutant)and it rocks..
you can ride them toeside,if you cannot gybe,or easier just ride reversed.
i think they are far more stylish than a twin tip when riden properly,too many people give up on them..give one a go,u can have a go off one of mine if you down at borth sometime

dunk - 20-2-2007 at 12:18

Crazydude, Chris lives there!

How'd you get on with my Naish directional Chris? The ledgend's ment to ride well backwards, looking into getting one for light wind days, as my 666 is one of the smaller ones. I think it'd be a good stepping stone to a surfboard. Hope to get the gybe sorted too, it can't be much different to gybing a poleboard.

Dunks

shem - 21-2-2007 at 08:11

Kite crazy, Chris was the guy about two miles out to sea when we went out off the estuary last week. Always good to put a face to a name.

Dunk Ill be trying out the legend in the next few days, it looks interesting, but dont know that itll have the glide of a surf board. I was surprised at how easy it was to ride the Jimmy lewis surf board back wards, and you can still jump with it as well.

kiteboardingcrazy - 21-2-2007 at 11:11

was that the day i had to much wind and could not get out with my 12m raven???Are u implying i cannot kite shem lol??
otherwise id have be out there...too
just value my life abit more than going out totally overpowered......
had to borrow mneil 9m then i was up and going when you had gone home.....was not a good day too gusty.

dunk - 21-2-2007 at 13:45

You need a 9m Raven too dude, its my fav size

kiteboardingcrazy - 21-2-2007 at 22:33

ordered a 12m torch 3 off johhnie at cygnus waiting for it to come

kiteboardingcrazy - 21-2-2007 at 22:35

never had to use a 9m before so i think i will stick with the 12m just windsurf instead

leonardo - 22-2-2007 at 07:52

kitedudecrazy - if u don't need a 9m u must be a fat bloke! dudes - wind lookin sweet for the w/e now, i'm up thurs-sun. c ya all then

kiteboardingcrazy - 22-2-2007 at 11:52

how can you call me fat youve never met me[Edited on 22-2-2007 by kiteboardingcrazy]

[Edited on 22-2-2007 by kiteboardingcrazy]

justal - 22-2-2007 at 13:03

Now now... keep it friendly guys.... wouldn't want the lyfi dyfi nature of the Borth Massif brought into disrepute!!!

Lyfi-Dyfi... I like that!!

Al.

baileyman - 22-2-2007 at 14:11

Kiteboardingcrazy

This forum is used by a respectable and level headed cross section of people.

There are numerous debates on various subjects with little or no bad feeling. There is also a good deal of banter, all of which is meant in good humour and is normally taken with the pinch of salt it deserves.

The vast majority of us frequent the beaches of Dovey and Ynyslas on a regular basis to indulge in our sport, meet up with like minded people with similar interests and have a good time.

I have frequented the beach and this forum on and off for nearly 3 years and have forged many new friendships. I have not experienced any bad feeling or resentment and in general we all have a good time and are polite to each other.

I am most offended by your outburst and feel you have abused this forum and the people who use it. Furthermore you have chosen to use a public forum to vent your anger and have created a potential conflict at the beach this weekend.

Frankly I’m disgusted.

Richard

danh - 22-2-2007 at 14:57

Richard,

Its been a while when are venturing out again. The winters been pretty warm to be fair, hasnt been the best for wind though.

Hope to catch you soon

Dan

kiteboardingcrazy - 22-2-2007 at 16:14

im sorry you feel disgusted !!Im digusted too ,with out the full picture i feel u should maybe not pass judgement on my views..i was not the one that started this bitching...i am a easy going person too but if you knew the bigger picture im sure your views would be different......i like a joke just like the next guy

baileyman - 22-2-2007 at 17:17

Kiteboardingcrazy

Regardless of whether I know the "full story" I'm still disgusted at the language and intent of your post.

If you have a greivance with an individual then use the services of this website to take the matter up with the individual[s] directly.

I don't wish to get involved in your personal greivance and I trust you will endeavour to settle your differences in a less public forum in future.

Richard.

baileyman - 22-2-2007 at 17:21

Hey Dan

I'll be back to the beach very soon. Getting married on Saturday so the last few months have been a little hectic.

So see you all on the beach very soon. Can't wait to see the Massif again, it's been tooo long

Have a fab w/e

Rich.

danh - 22-2-2007 at 18:55

Congrats dude,

Hope you have an awesome day. Ive just bought house so ive been in the same boat for the past month. Money going out like its going out of fashion

All the best

jon d hat - 22-2-2007 at 20:07

KBcrazeee..take the humour as it was meant..I read almost every post on this forum and There has always been a bit of p!$$ takin between regular posters!

If you leave yourself open, people will take the opportunity!!

Your attempt to shout at d Bok is not appreciated. He is one of the most level headed geezers I know and is well respected within the ranks. His friendship and advice is valued by many around here, we don't need friction on the site or at d beach. We have a good vibe here and a brotherhood that runs deep, so take the time to see the bigger picture before you react

willf - 22-2-2007 at 20:31

he he he he did I just see someone threatening Leo!! Who is this guy Crazy?! Is he new or OLD? I can't wait to meet him, someone who knows how to ride a mutant properly-a rarety indeed, could teach me how to do it, which would be nice. Leo is the nicest loveliest guy on the beach (except super cool Chris, and me and Niel and Dunk) and would never aim to upset anyone, he's commonly known as a man-puppy.
I hate all this agro on forums, there's no need, we all write with a smile but then some guys read with a frown for some reason, it sounds like a sertoli cell tumour to me (it's a testosterone producing tumour of the testicles suffered by old men.)

Sorry to qoute but

"bloody windsurfers!!!!!!!!!!
they wanna take up proper watersport instead"

" was being sarcastic!! "

maybe Leo was also being sarcastic. He even used winks to show it, so as to save all this rubbish arguing.

"hey fat shady aka (Carrot head) you think leonardo a bit bitchy or is it just me"

"we will see whos fat when i meet up with you BITCH!!!HOPE YOUR AS BIG AND TUFF AS U SOUND
HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR CONSTANT BITCHING" sadly he's also only 27 and ripped and 6'4" tall AND has hands like bags of concrete

I remember when fat shady joined this forum i pointed out a problem at the beach that wasn't even him, but he thought it was, so some mate of his started threatening me through this forum, it's pathetic and childish and can be quite scary. All you have to do is ask, was that serious? We can't type how we think it should be read, 90% of communication is non verbal so if i write while thinking this is funny but you read it thinking i'm bitching then it all goes out of context. Sad really you'd probably really like Leo if you met him. We all do.
And if you say one more thing about him...

Sorry can't make it this weekend guys, on call again, save some wind for my next visit.

Dunk I love you man, you aren't in my life enough.
Chris I'll see you in a coupla weeks.
Leo land that double S and mobe you lazy fat b£st$rd.

love to all
Will

willf - 22-2-2007 at 20:37

that broke a long silence, i haven't posted for ages, not much gets me motivated anymore. kiting's dead anyway.

Spooker - 22-2-2007 at 21:14

So Will,

sertoli cell tumours eh?

thought my balls av been getting kinda lumpy lately.

So its just old age then - not too much pocket-billiards??

col123 - 22-2-2007 at 21:28

any way after reading this your all fat and ugly, and i'm the bestest, at everything..nah

willf - 22-2-2007 at 21:30

it's a dog thing realy and i don't think they even release that much testosterone!

Lumpy balls just want a good emptying, Dan's avatar should help or try www.hogtied.com my personal fave.

willf - 22-2-2007 at 21:31

I'm gonna be the fattest soon, put on a stone since the summer. I hate being land locked.

willf - 22-2-2007 at 21:33

SORRY Kiteboardcrazy (what's your name man?) no harm meant. hope to meet up soon, we can swap mutants.

forums are evil for anything more than talking about the weather.

[Edited on 22-2-2007 by willf]

jaymo - 22-2-2007 at 22:23

I've not been kite-surfing for all that long, or been a user of this site too much, but in the time that I HAVE been involved in this incredible sport (which I love with a passion) I have only found that everybody involved couldn't be more helpful or friendly - and while I'm on my soap box, I've gotta say a big thanks to Danh & Fartboy aka Mark, for taking time out to give me all the pointers I needed to get me up and riding - without these guys, I'd still be sat on the beach wishing I was in the water.

I think this is one of those situations whereby the people involved simply don't know each other personally, and therefore aren't in a postition to know if a comment is meant in malice, or not.

It's so easy to say something to somebody knowing yourself that your joking, but need to keep in mind that the other person DOESN'T know if that's the case, or not, especially when it's not a face-to-face conversation.

Now link your little fingers, and repeat after me. Make friends make friends never never break friends

Anyway guys, I'll stop my bleating now, and hopefully look forward to seeing some of you the weekend, if the wind is kind.

jon d hat - 22-2-2007 at 22:54

Fair play to ya Phil!

kiteboardingcrazy - 23-2-2007 at 00:04

Yeah but no but yeah
nah right Col123 im the bestest bestest at everything in the whole world so there
And my dad can beat your dad at a arm wrestle so there
so sticks and stones may break my bones
nah nah
Thats more like it !!!!!!!!!lmao

Kitefish - 23-2-2007 at 00:19

Hehehehehe Thats kept me amused, we should all gather as the Massif light a fire and smoke of the love peice pipe. Oh and drink a few S Jacks

Congratulations for the weekend Rich.

Leo your'e a

Will when you going to get your (fat) vet arse down that beach.

See you at the weekend

chris - 23-2-2007 at 21:09

i never thought that posting the sale of my kite could cause such a fuss.

while we are on the subject. Will, i agree kiting is dead. its full of old men in dry suits sailing up and down up and down up and down for 3 hours thinking they are kiting. my gran could do that. how about trying a proper sport where if you mess up a turn or jump you eat dirt/ concrete/ rocks/ coral.

the wind has gone for the weekend. gone biking

kite sold by the way (good old ebay)

col123 - 23-2-2007 at 21:09

that's it then Leo you are the fattest ..cheers for taking the pressure of shem!!!!!or is that Me..

jon d hat - 23-2-2007 at 23:48

Thread well an truly hijacked

Chris, don't you mean old women in their drysuits..yeh, kiting is dead, long live extreme crochet...we'll have to call the site forces of knitwear..erm..aint you got a drysuit...doh...me too :-)

Anyhow, you'll be trading that mtb for a buggy before long eh. Congrats to you and your loved one geeza

Col, Last time you were out, I saw a Japanese whaling ship manning the harpoons when you hit the drink

shem - 24-2-2007 at 09:23

At least we all agree that only gays wear dry suits, (not that theres any thing wrong with gays, I still speak to Col after all)!!

kiteboardingcrazy - 24-2-2007 at 09:51

Hey dont knock dry suits if you inflate them with air with your kite pump they turn in to awesome Sumo Suit/Fatman suit you can bounce of each other when there no wind..Helium is even better though
Beach sumo is awesome let ave ago sunday..ps u need your helmet though...
Now that ExTreme.....and loads of fun...
i have a patent pending on this idea...lol
ps you crazykids will all be tryin that now

danh - 24-2-2007 at 12:08

Gay and proud After years of surfing through the depths of winter in my summersuits, i have started batting for the other side. Just dont tell the Misses

Dandine - 24-2-2007 at 12:19

I have a zip in the arse of mine. There great.

chris - 24-2-2007 at 13:47

yep my gay suit has split a seal
although its not too cold in the wet suit.

justal - 24-2-2007 at 13:48

Still using a wetusit here... and never cold so don't see the point of using a drysuit.... Thats my excuse anyway 'coz I can't afford one!

Al.

Si_B - 24-2-2007 at 15:15

Gay, but warm

Not down this weekend as I'm still getting over the trot's from my holiday.

Have a good one

Simon

jaymo - 24-2-2007 at 16:30

I'm coming out of my drysuit closet too, time to sing it to the world, I'm a drysuit wearer and proud!!!!

It's about time though that somebody invented some kind of drysuit toilet system for those times when you get caught a bit short. No letting go of the yellow flow in a dysuit.

Hey Jon, I work with Col at PKS, and lets just say, I have to closely guard my pies.