Board logo

2/3rd december wind SW up to 24knts
mNeil - 28-11-2006 at 13:14

getting in there early again, look at windfinder......looking good for saturday

jon d hat - 28-11-2006 at 15:21

Wind looking good all week!! oh and did I mention that I'm off work Thurs/Fri as well. After missing what looks like 2 epic weekends due to work commitments, its time to reap the rewards and looking at the forcasts so far, I'm gonna have some fun!

Be up either Wed night or Thurs morn if anyones about, probably be a dyfi pikey Thurs as its so southerly unless there is a major shift, but its lookin nuclear at the mo

mNeil - 28-11-2006 at 15:30

have you got your waroos yet Jon?

col123 - 28-11-2006 at 16:46

no the girls ordered spookers kite

darren byrne - 28-11-2006 at 17:03

I've got my 13m Waroo, can't wait for my 9m to turn up now. Col is on the case!!!

col123 - 28-11-2006 at 17:15

wev'e got loadsa nines in.. i'm just making you sweat

darren byrne - 28-11-2006 at 17:26

Sweat, me!!! Naaaaa I'm not bovvvvvvered..... honest!

steveo - 28-11-2006 at 18:02

Will be down friday morning, on de dovey side!.
Looks like will have to do B&B. To damm cold to be sleeping in cars at this time of year!

jon d hat - 28-11-2006 at 18:36

Yeh.... couldnt let the gay massif av all d fun.... looks like my defaction back to d massif has had serious repercussions as i'm now equiped with a bow an a dry suit... see you girls on d beach for som knitting an flower arranging

I'm off to dyfi before I end up buying a jetski LOL

Spooker - 28-11-2006 at 19:15

SO Jon - is it true??

All the latest dry suits have little pockets so you can store your make-up in them - just in case you need a lil touch up between sessions

Should be up mid saturday - had a bit of an expensive time last weekend, need to get my van fixed, and I doubt my 12m will be back from Cygnus, so I'll have to hope its 9m wetha - bring on 30 knots

Fat Shady - 28-11-2006 at 20:29

Darren, good to hear that you are still around, you will love those Waroo's
Will be out to play on saturday
Hope the kite dosent cost to much Spooks

jon d hat - 28-11-2006 at 21:00

Yeh man, an it comes wid a built in hair dryer so you will always come off the water lookin your best, an dis bow kitin's so easy, you won't smudge your lippie when its gustin 45.

Sorry to hear bout your groin, hope it wasn't too painfull ;-) Lookin like you'll be fine on the 9m if the forcast is anywhere close.

wots up wid your pikey mobeeel?

Sorry but I aint kitin on d same beach as you, we'll be lookin like kite twins....people will talk you know lol

Catch you sat man

quote:
Originally posted by Spooker
SO Jon - is it true??

All the latest dry suits have little pockets so you can store your make-up in them - just in case you need a lil touch up between sessions

Should be up mid saturday - had a bit of an expensive time last weekend, need to get my van fixed, and I doubt my 12m will be back from Cygnus, so I'll have to hope its 9m wetha - bring on 30 knots

shem - 29-11-2006 at 07:11

Bring on da weekend then ey!

shem - 29-11-2006 at 07:14

Windguru showing 9-14 knots now for saturday, at least Thursday looks gang busters still, looks like your in luck john!!!!!! C u there.

Si_B - 29-11-2006 at 08:06

Going to try and get there early Sat morning on the Dovey side. Got two new kites which I would like to see out of the bags before I take them on holiday next year.

I hope the wind picks up a bit as I's like to get my 8m sonic pumped up, if not I guess the new Link will have to make an appearance.

danh - 29-11-2006 at 09:10

You guys have fun, but ive got something far more fun than kitesurfing to do. Oh yes, ive found this new thing called revising for exams its the best thing i have ever done. And what makes it even more exciting is its my accountancy exams. Cant think of anything better Have fun guys see you the weekend after

jon d hat - 29-11-2006 at 09:44

Yeh looks like its dropped off for fri/sat so will defo be up 2nite so as not to miss a minute of it 2mo

Dan, have to agree, I've just spent the last 2 w/ends assignment writin, couldn't think af anything i'd rather do.....not.

jon d hat - 29-11-2006 at 10:00

mmm...just have to hope that the borth effect gives us an extra few knts

shem - 29-11-2006 at 11:41

What bridles and line set up has the link got Simon? Ive got a 9 and a 12 here, so id be interested in comparing. C u the weekend.

chris - 29-11-2006 at 12:03

shem and john i should be able to grab a session in on thurs morning over dyfi side. see you on the water.

Si_B - 29-11-2006 at 12:11

I've got mine on 5 lines with the knots in the rear Y bridle (to get both lines the same length). I've moved the pigtails around as the Slingshot mods suggest, I've also taken the grey pigtails off the pulleys (4 line), and added them to the rear lines as well. The kite might still be a bit over sheeted, but after talking in depth with the dealer, I can trim this by cleating off 10-20cm of front line. We will just have to wait and see, but I will be looking for a launch, with a possible quick catch if I've got the set-up wrong !!!. If it flys as good as it looks, I can't wait !!. Will put it back to 4 lines once the new bridle comes, but I like the idea of no pulley's on the bar or the kite. If it has good depower, I might just leave it in 5 line mode.

Are you going early again Shem ??.

Regards,

Simon

shem - 29-11-2006 at 18:13

All day hopefully. I just cant get either of the links Ive got to behave, thryve been moded by SS, but it still just falls out the sky unpredictably at times, even in good conditions?! Goos luck.

Fat Shady - 29-11-2006 at 21:37

Just wait for the new bridles Shem. I have only tried mine once but it worked really well.

shem - 30-11-2006 at 07:31

Sweet, look forward to it.

Si_B - 30-11-2006 at 08:02

Shem,

From most of the guys I've spoke to who fly them in 5 lines agree that the rear lines are still too short by 10-20cm. They have removed the pigtails from the front lines, and cleat in 10cm of front line. I'm sure you have already tried to tweak it.
I hope the kite will rock when the new bridles are on, but I just want to see it out the bag. If not, I will have to hold onto the 16TD instead.

jon d hat - 30-11-2006 at 09:43

Chris, willbe goin out in about half an hour, think larry is goin to join us an shems said about 11.30ish. Its blowin a goodun here. See you on the deep blue.

quote:
Originally posted by chris[/
shem and john i should be able to grab a session in on thurs morning over dyfi side. see you on the water.

shem - 30-11-2006 at 10:03

yip, looking good, and the surfs there!!!

jon d hat - 30-11-2006 at 15:48

Just been back to the point an it's blowin 27kts on my meter + gusts, tide just about in so will save myself for 2mo. Good sesh