Board logo

Radsail 6m or Beamer 7m
keith - 27-8-2004 at 14:48

Currently using a Radsail 4 (Which I think is excellent)
However could somtimes do with some more umph.
Looking at Radsail 6.0m or
Beamer 7.0

What are these like to handle , do the collapse fluff a lot as that is a real pain on a board, crash bang ouch

shem - 28-8-2004 at 07:40

Ive flown the rad sail 6, and the 5 meter beamer loads. Id probably go for the rad out of the two, as its a bit stabler, the beamer is good value for money, but not as stable, ( prone to collapsing, and tangling in its bridle). Using the 6 meter rad Ive buggyed in around 4 knots. Having said this, if you can afford a 7 meter bullet, its an awesome kite.

Have fun.

dave jones - 31-8-2004 at 22:03

radsail is the best .ownig one i have found these a lot better than the beamer and the bridles easier to untangle if they get tangled (unlikly) the power is great and they are more or less a cheap blade because they were designed by andy preston (the maker of the flexi blades) these kites are winners. if you want one go on ebay.de and serch radsail pro and find one on sale from rainbow flyer ,great seller . if not find one that says neuware and that send to europe.you get the kite a lot cheaper from this site. i got my 5m radsail off him for 100 quid and i had it in a week. the kites are brand new. if you want any pics or videos of the kite please email me at weh8mancs@hotmail.com
cheers
dave

[Edited on 02-08-2004 by dave jones]

Offshore - 6-9-2004 at 15:36

I have a RadPro 6m and have enjoyed flying in 3 knots of breeze and also 23 knots (Hilbre Coastal Observatory weather records site). The kite is not meant to be a kite with lift but you can swing quite happily underneath it at that windspeed. Aesthetically it looks better as well. However I do have a 2.5 Beamerv which is heaps of fun when it really blows!!!!!

dave jones - 6-9-2004 at 20:57

ye the beamers are good but i have found my mates to get in abit of a tangle and for it to collapse in the centre