Board logo

Kite Boarding
JAMESBROWN - 28-6-2004 at 10:06

hi all i have a flexifoil super 10 and live in weston super mare and wanna get into doing some kite boarding is that a good enough kite to start with or do you reckon i'll need a different kite before i go out and buy a board?

bucski - 28-6-2004 at 11:11

hi
not really a good kite for kitesurfing, suggest you get some lessons.
Loads of kites out there, prob best to go second hand and get a low/mid aspect inflatable (LEI)

JAMESBROWN - 28-6-2004 at 12:21

was thinking more kiteboarding than kitesurfing would it be ok for that?

justal - 28-6-2004 at 15:56

Not really... It will get you going just, but you really need a four line foil such as A Flexifoil Bullet (there are loads of others too, but that was what I was using at the weekend so it was the first one that popped into my head). You can demo one of the Powerkiteshop kites that I have, but I'm not sure when I'll be in WSM next... It won't be for at least a month.

This type of kite generates more power than the Super 10, you have more control over it (if flown on four lines), and it has better traction performance, allowing you to head upwind better. Saying that though, beggars can't be chooser, so if you can't afford a new kite as well as a mt. board, the Super 10 will at least get you started. You'll soon get the bug though and want to get yourself a better kite.

Al.

mexican bandit - 29-6-2004 at 16:44

I started out with a super 10 and found it was good until you had to go upwind.

If you have a really long beach with no people and someone to pick you up at the end, then it will be good.