Board logo

Lost: Reel Leash
Bananaman - 26-6-2004 at 13:08

Guys,

I think I may have left a reel leash on the golf course car park beach in Borth a few weeks ago. I don't know if i did leave it there but that is the last place i saw it. It was brand new and unused. If anyone found it please let me know. I have searched my place, car, etc and cannot find it anywhere.

Cheers, Paul.

[Edited on 26-6-2004 by Bananaman]

Bananaman - 29-6-2004 at 11:54

Well I ordered a new one should be with me in time for the weekend. I'll be down at Borth this weekend if anyone fancies beers on the beach.

justal - 29-6-2004 at 13:43

I'll hopefully get out for a session on Saturday morning, but will have to rush off as I'm getting married in the afternoon.... Don't let me forget!!!

Al.

justanna - 29-6-2004 at 13:56

Yes....don't let him forget! If any of you see Al out on Saturday after lunch remind him he should be somewhere else I don't think he's worried about upsetting me, more what his mum will do to him if he's late or arrives injured!

PS Where's the quick reply gone to again

justanna - 29-6-2004 at 13:56

Ooops, just realised where it had gone! I wan't logged on so I couldn't quick reply could i.....sorry

Bananaman - 29-6-2004 at 20:31

LOL getting married in the afternoon and on the beach in the morning. Man, what a day thats gonna be lol. Hope its windy hehe. Congrats in advance guys.

shem - 30-6-2004 at 06:02

Im teaching all weekend, over Aberdovey side, in case your tempted by the lagoon. Its been perfect over this side recently.

mNeil - 30-6-2004 at 08:43

hows about a trip over the lagoons then instead of the usual? anyone fancy it? barbie on the beach saturday and a few beers in honour of the wedding duo.

dunk - 30-6-2004 at 13:14

I'm up for it Neil,

Let me know if your going over to the otherside !, could maybe head to Fairbourne for a day too.

Anybody know where to park the van up for the night in Dovey ?

Forecast looks good, I should be there Fri to Mon, anyone around Fri?

Bananaman - 30-6-2004 at 13:33

OK sounds good. Flat water would suit me. Need to find out where yer all gonna be parked though.

mNeil - 30-6-2004 at 14:01

didnt shem say we should park in the main car park.not going to leave my van by the railway station ,too much gear in it?

dunk - 30-6-2004 at 14:11

Can you park overnight in the main carpark?Somewhere quiet and near the pub would be good . Any ideas ??

rob - 30-6-2004 at 14:31

i'll be about thursday and friday but at the golf course, might be tempted to have a ride over t'other side for a change though. prob camping on the golf course car park thursday night if i dont have a house by then!

dunno if i'll be about on saturday though. if the weather looks good i could probably be tempted

whats the beach like on dovey side for k-boarding not k-surfing?

Bananaman - 30-6-2004 at 20:51

I believe the beach is better for kite'boarding' on the dovey side as the sand is harder packed or summit which I've been told though I've only been there once. The beach is certainly bigger though.

justal - 30-6-2004 at 21:40

That all depends... In Aberdovey itself the beach us no good for boarding as the sand is far too soft. This is also true out on the corner, but up from Graveyards towards Tywyn it is fine.

Al.

rob - 30-6-2004 at 21:50

i'll stick to ynyslas then! cheers folks

mNeil - 1-7-2004 at 11:44

come on shem where do we park safely over night?
mark and paul ;i will see you over the other side saturday morning,will probably park up in the main beach car park unless you post otherwise.

Bananaman - 1-7-2004 at 12:06

neil, do you mean u will be on the dovey side saturday morning in the pay and display car park? If so, I'll head there friday night and kip in the car park in the car. Wake me up when u get there.

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Bananaman]

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Bananaman]

mNeil - 1-7-2004 at 13:59

ok will do

justal - 1-7-2004 at 20:35

Looks as though I shall have Borth to myself!!!

Al.

mNeil - 2-7-2004 at 11:52

this topic is like the chinese whisper; if i remember rightly it started out with paul loosing his reel leash!
anyway all the best to Al and Anna on their wedding day and their hols in the colder regions.might sail over to see you in the morning Al.

AndyW - 2-7-2004 at 12:24

Al.

I might be out first thing Saturday, but probably in the estuary. I fancy some flat water blasting if its F5-6 W.

What time is high tide, @ 9.20am ?

Sounds like the estuary might be busy :-)