Board logo

Grimwith windsurfing video
dynoben - 12-5-2004 at 15:41

Hi guys,

I've put together a short video from last bank hoilday monday's action up at Grimwith Reservoir in North Yorkshire. It was the first outing for my newly acquired "helmet cam" and I beleive it was worth the mocking I received during the filming!

Let me know what you think. I'll have to give it a go next time to I'm at Rhossy so watch this space for more clips.

http://www.petcancervet.co.uk/ben/default.htm

Enjoy!

Ben

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by dynoben]

justal - 14-5-2004 at 05:58

I wish I could get Broadband.... So, was the video any good for those with a quicker connection??

Al.

dynoben - 14-5-2004 at 08:41

I've added a few shorter clips that have been edited into the main video so those of you not abusing your work's LAN can have a look.

To see the on-board footage you'll have to view the main video.

Ben

shawn - 14-5-2004 at 13:53

it's great - some nice 1 handed spocks going on, few willy skippers - very nice stuff... and an excellent wipe out from the guy with the camera, whilst filming....

John C - 14-5-2004 at 19:58

Helmet cam rocks dude! Tell us more I want one. Nice to see some footage of my local spot as well.

dynoben - 17-5-2004 at 09:50

I got myself a Canon A80 (£230) and it's waterproof case (£116). There's a tripod mounting on the bottom of the case so I've taken the fixing screw from a tripod, added a large washer and stuck it through one of the holes on the top of my helmet, screwed on the camera, and helmet-cam is good to go!
I use a protec helmet (which is more for canoeing) that's based on a skateboarding design, mainly so I could wear the same helmet for snowboarding too, but it has a perfectly placed hole on the top.

Ben

Wavehead - 30-6-2004 at 18:56

Ben, nice one mate just watching that makes me anxious to get out on the water again. Keep em coming this is what its all about after all, Keith.

shawn - 1-7-2004 at 08:09

hey wavehead - nice avatar mate!!