Board logo

Borth golf coarse
Spencer - 13-1-2004 at 09:11

Just for joe as the other pic. does make it look like we were on our own...

justal - 13-1-2004 at 18:24

Cool.... I'm in that one!!

Did you get any photos of on the water action??

Al.

Spencer - 13-1-2004 at 21:03

Hi Al, Unfortunately not only had a 1.3mpx camera then so it would have been really distant anyway.only took a couple of quick snaps. Ive got a Fuji s5000 now which is excellent.Dixons (spit) were doing them at £50 off at £300 which was cheaper than any where on the net,so hopefully be able to get some action shots now...
Spence...

justal - 13-1-2004 at 21:51

Cool.... Don't mention digital cameras though... I've been trying to get one for about 3 years now, but still haven't got one!!!

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 13-1-2004 at 22:31

I'd better not say I decided against getting a GPS and have ordered a Digital camera

Spencer - 13-1-2004 at 23:19

Hello BEFS, seen a gps in millets of all places on sale for £150-dont know exactly what it does though?
Spence..

justal - 14-1-2004 at 07:19

Grrr... It won't be the camera I want though as they aren't out until March... Which one you getting Befs??

To start with I liked the look of the Fuji S5000 that Spencer has or the Minolta Dimage. (both around 3MP and with 10x zooms) I decided against them though, due mainly to build quiality issues and want the Panasonic Lumix FZ10. Hopefully it will abe about the same sort of price when it comes out, but has a 12x zoom lens which is gyroscopically stabilised to reduce camera shake at long focal lengths with an aperture of f2.8 throughout the focal length (Thats a prety inmpressive lens!), its 4MP and built like a tank!!!!

Time to start saving. Trouble is I've been doing this for years now, always wanting ther next best camera, and then never actually getting one!! Imagine all the photos I could have taken if i'd got the first one I wanted!!

I guess with all these new digital cameras I'm going to need to buy some more webhosting space to store all the photos people are gonna post!

Al.

Spencer - 14-1-2004 at 10:50

Thats the trouble with technology,its like a waiting game always waiting for the new next best model.i nearly didnt buy the fuji but glad i have,i had a fuji before this one & have never had any problem.
Spence...

bphiett - 14-1-2004 at 12:24

isn't he walking away from the sea and up a mountain with his kit? If theres one question you should always be able to answer, its 'which ways the beach'.

justanna - 14-1-2004 at 12:29

Nope...he's definately going in the right direction. The carpark is in the middle of the dunes so provides a relatively sheltered not too sandy place to rig up. You just have to get all your kit up over the pebble bank and down the other side. Not good on the feet is it Steve? :p

badexcuseforasailor - 14-1-2004 at 12:52

I'm just getting a kodak 6340 gets good reviews for its price bracket 3.2 mil pixel 3 x optical 4 x digi

Dave - 14-1-2004 at 12:57

Keeps the sea out of your front-lawn (sand patch) though doesn't it Anna.

justanna - 14-1-2004 at 13:48

Apparently so although lookign at the state of our so called drive at the moment you wouldn't think so!

justal - 14-1-2004 at 13:50

I looked at the Kodak 6490 and it looked really good. the only thing that put me off that one was that the lens wasn't threaded so I wouldn't have been able to put a UV filter on the front of it to protect the lens.... Essential in the windy / sandy conditions I would use it.

Al.