Board logo

aberdovey wind report sunday
kiteboardingcrazy - 20-1-2007 at 23:06

has the wind blown itself out for sunday anyone know the report is it worth going kiting there say only 13mph winds

justal - 21-1-2007 at 08:19

Wind still looks OK at the moment.... If you look at the wind Guru forecasts on this site then the Borth report shows a modified windspeed which more accuratley equates to what we will get here in Borth...

For instance at the moment the actual WindGuru report is showing 18 knots for now, the modified wind shows 22 knots and we actually have 23 knots at this very moment... It is something I set up via WindGuru and is generally the best forecast for this area. The speeds are of course average speed, not gusts as it is gusting to about 33 knots at the moment!

Ad far as other forecasts go, BBC are ALWAYS wrong, they are showing 12 mph for today. XCweather is OK but probably use the same model as WindGuru. Theyr used to be good but aren't so accurate these days. Metcheck is good for a general synopsis, but the actual fday to day forecasts aren't always great.
Best thing to do is check them all and check all of the charts etc then make your own forecast up... Thats what I do (oh, and I look out the window too!).

In the end, though, if you aren't here on the beach then you aren't gonna get out whatever the wind does, so just get to the coast and take whatever the weather throws at you.

Al.