Board logo

Weekend 24th Who's Up
Kitefish - 21-9-2005 at 19:45

I know the winds looking a bit dodgy, but who will be up at the weekend, hoping to get up either late Friday or early Sat.

Bought Strike 9m off Ebay for £255 only been used 5 times in tip top order, only need some wind now ( Oh yes and some skill).

Spooker - 21-9-2005 at 21:41

I should be up friday evening for the weekend, and I think Neil is planning the same - so you won't be drinking alone.
Although judging from the damage to Nick following a drinking binge with said gent perhaps we should give him a wide berth!!

mNeil - 21-9-2005 at 22:25

i am mistified by all these accusations!!!!!
i shall be coming up friday leaving the smelly matrix of brum about 2.55 pm hoping for a sale in the evening and might just partake of a modicum of ale in the evening as is my inclination. i do hope to participate in verbal exchanges with others of the same persuation.
i rest my case that i have possibly the warmest and most hospitable vehicle in the car park!

Spooker - 22-9-2005 at 06:05

oooooooohhhhh......

playing the central heating and double-glazing card now that the nights are drawing in are we? right! I'll be round for one!

I've got the loan of a van for the weekend Neil, not sure if it'll get under the barrier, so I might have to give you a call to open the gate for me? Its not a delux model, in fact its a transit with a tatty carpet in the back - but its a start!!

mNeil - 22-9-2005 at 12:45

looks like it moght be worth stopping in the estuary for friday evening as the wind is coming from the east on saturday and might zoom dowm the valley first thing!
good to see you aree getting it together with a van Andy

MarkyP - 22-9-2005 at 13:28

I'll probably be up Friday evening all being well. Judging by the forecast I'll be round with the Borth hardcore hopefully enjoying the Easterlies of a weekend.

Later

Mark

andy B - 22-9-2005 at 17:46

you jammy so and so £255 tell me thats not complete?. will be up friday night. drink ahhhhh had a session on the brandy sat night paid for it on sunday, spent most of the day in the van in bed so glad there was no wind. hey chris do you know how alex did in his exam.

leonardo - 22-9-2005 at 20:46

DUDES!! I'll be pulling into the Estaury around 22:00 friday evening! I'll bring da beer!!!

Spooker - 22-9-2005 at 21:15

Leo,
be best to check where we are - the wind forcast is all over the bloody place at the mo - windguru is like one of those board games when you spin the lil arrow....
Every one a winner sir!

Kitefish - 22-9-2005 at 22:54

Nice one

Hopefully will be up late evening Friday, looks like the estuary then.

Andy, No not complete but still not bad as I have strike bar n lines. Don't forget the to bring some wood for da fire. I'm out with Alex tomorrow he pricing up a big job for me, so I will pass on your regards and ask him about the exam.

See you there

mNeil - 23-9-2005 at 10:40

probably going to bne in the golf car park as will be up early for a sail in the nw this afternoon
oh and want to see jon the hats' new low liner van

col123 - 23-9-2005 at 11:23

bar stewards i'm working nights saving the world, i'll get up sunday if theres wind, have a good one

Encee - 23-9-2005 at 11:35

If the forcast holds self and Paul B be should be around tomorrow.
First time for weeks !!

justal - 23-9-2005 at 16:24

Its looking OK for Sunday again now....

Al.

justal - 23-9-2005 at 16:35

And Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday for that matter!!

AL.

justal - 25-9-2005 at 19:07

The weekend turned out good in the end didn't it.... No doubt there will be loads of diary entries for Sunday judging by the number of people on the beach enjoying the wind and the sunshine... An excellent day, and an ideal day on Saturday for Chris and Margi's wedding too.

I think its time to start thinking about getting a full length wetsuit though as things are beginning to get a little chillier.

Al.

mNeil - 25-9-2005 at 22:09

yeh AL A FANTASTIC DAY TODAY ON THE WATER, Chris kitefish counted over 13 kites on the water today; getting busy.
great to see everyone progressing so well.
fantastic day for Chris and Marig on saturday; thanks for such a great occasion you two, such a chilled out afternoon and evening and good to see both Mr and Mrs York down on the beach today!
EPIC DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!