Board logo

the joys of borth
chris - 24-8-2005 at 20:15

just wanted to say and i know im biased, but ynyslas beach is the business. i know other places are hotter, more babes in g strings, bigger swell. etc.

but kiting at ynyslas is easy. no driving if the wind changes direction a bit . the car (or home) is only a short walk. you can stay for free if you want. must say i'm lovin it and i can't wait for the autumn warm water, swell and wind.

if this was another forum i would be done for pimping my beach. but so what. the borth massive need to regroup for the best part of the year.

oh yes.

post prompted after a fun weekend in anglesey. fun but every weekend whould be a pain.

anybody up for building a slider once the tourists have gone????

justal - 24-8-2005 at 21:10

The fact that it is blowing a hoolie out there at the moment helps as well.

Derek was on the beach all day making the most of it, as were Daz and Rich... I decided to give it a rest today, but there should be wind again tomorrow.

There must be something we can do about the lack of babes in g-strings.

Al.

badexcuseforasailor - 25-8-2005 at 08:09

One problem with Borth its too far away!

col123 - 25-8-2005 at 13:04

the reef girls were there last weekend ive got pictures to prove it..

.slider yes, i think shem has one and the pussies on dovey side won't be needing it...............

...the bait's been set!!

baileyman - 25-8-2005 at 13:38

Couldn't agree more Chris

Hopefully see all the Massif this w/e - heading up early Sat morning now - thanks to my boss for booking me in for an all day meeting tomorrow - work sucks.

See ya'all on the beach

Rich

justal - 25-8-2005 at 16:48

Today was as good as it gets at Borth... 20 knots increased to 30 knots WSW, some sunshine, then some torrential downpours and a pretty spectacular lightning display and just as the weather got really nasty two girls in bikinis ran down the beach for a quick swim!!

Wooohooo, what a day!

Al.

Encee - 25-8-2005 at 17:19

'Joys of Borth' are being swapped for the 'Joys of the French Alps over the next 10 days...............

See you guys on the water again when we get back

AndyW - 25-8-2005 at 19:51

Swopped joys of Borth for red hot dutch windsurfing....

And all those Dutch girls on bikes (and a few on boards as well)

;-)

chris - 25-8-2005 at 20:57

dutch chicks oh yes. nearly as hot as south african ones

leonardo - 26-8-2005 at 13:22

Hey Chris, Yup South African are styling, but have to add that Danish ladies Rule...mmmmmmm!!!

Catch ya guys later, I'm off to Cork Ireland for the long weekend yahoooOOOOOOOOOOO

justal - 26-8-2005 at 14:10

I suppose I'd better get in there quick and say that Manx girls are the best!!!!

Al.

col123 - 26-8-2005 at 15:00

i thought they had three legs

Spooker - 26-8-2005 at 17:39

Wasn't that the men......?

AndyW - 26-8-2005 at 18:55

There are quite a few dutch girls out on the water, kiting and windsurfing.... ;-)

carlessd - 2-9-2005 at 09:46

just got back from newquay(cornwall), what can i say reef gals everywhere, even a couple topless, wish borth had em, but then the bad side no where to pitch up on beach, got wheel clamped(£60) nowhere to sit on beach(rammed), about 50+ bodyboarder per 100m and countless surfers knocking each other out of water, main season of course.

newquay is the place to be by night
give me borth by day anytime

[Edited on 2-9-2005 by carlessd]

mNeil - 2-9-2005 at 10:32

got back from france yesterday; oh fantastic beaches there like borth only WARMER. enough said about the bikini girls,ask the Dunkster!

kelvin - 2-9-2005 at 10:45

think you,ll find the beast place is always home break/beach
most of the guys this way have travelled to all the best breaks/beaches around the globe , but they all say after thats its nice to be back on the local beach with all the old faces .

dunk - 2-9-2005 at 11:04

Ask the Dunkster what???????????????????

mNeil - 3-9-2005 at 09:10

whos sporting the latest speeeeeedos themn?

leonardo - 5-9-2005 at 11:58

yeah dunk, Neil AND Graham - SPEEDO'S?????? WTF!

justal - 2-10-2005 at 17:00

Just thought I'd point out that a few others seem to like Borth as well... Callum from Weymouth was going on about what a nice place it was today, and then I just saw this on the Boards forums:

quote:
After West Kirby I popped down to Borth to catch the Boardwise demo day. At least whilst I say 'popped', my conviction that I could thrash the predicted journey time on my GPS was scuppered by various tractors, old ladies, caravans etc. Or put more accurately, I'm so used to motorways and dual carriageways that I'd forgotten what rural roads in Wales are like (good scenery though). I arrived just when everyone was starting to pack up, but the TWB/Tabou guys were jolly decent and gave me a spin on one of their Rocket Airs (nice board). I did spend a lot of time stuck in the shorebreak, but when I did get going it was cracking, if a bit mushy. Anyway, well done Boardwise, a good event.

To anyone who hasn't been to Borth, go. It was such a beautiful, uplifting location that it would have been worth the trip even if I hadn't got a sail in.

Maybe I forget how lucky I am sometimes!!

Al.

mNeil - 2-10-2005 at 19:40

n'er a truer word spoken!
but git ofer my land!!