Board logo

pembrokeshire and north
davidf - 13-7-2004 at 13:42

i'm off to pembrokeshire on thursday for a family holiday, initially staying next to broad haven. reckon that broad haven / newgale look good for kite boarding / kite surfing.

then we're heading north to new quay, anyone recommend any spots up there? hoping to maybe get a session in at borth on our way home on tuesday

cheers

david

rob - 13-7-2004 at 17:25

i might be around on tuesday if you are in borth... depends on the weather! have a good break though...

davidf - 13-7-2004 at 18:55

might finally meet you properly this time? look out for some peter lynn bombas hitting the west coast

quote:
Originally posted by rob
i might be around on tuesday if you are in borth... depends on the weather! have a good break though...

rob - 13-7-2004 at 19:59

lol yeah might have to come and say hello this time!! hopefully there'll be a bit more wind than last time you saw me!

whats this you say about bomba's hitting the west coast? have you sold your frenzy?

as per your earlier post i don't know of any other beaches worth a look further south, but check out the new beach guide, i know al's been putting in a lot of work on it!

see ya tuesday hopefully!

davidf - 13-7-2004 at 21:03

yep, now on bombas cos i'm (finally) learning to kitesurf, 2 years after taking first lessons. bought a bomba 15m, the 10.5 arrives tomorrow. have sold the bego (too similar to bomba in 8+ mph), and will sell the frenzy when I get back from wales

beach guide was very helpful, staying 300metres from broad haven beach for 3 nights

rob - 14-7-2004 at 15:19

my new wetsuit arrives tomorrow

it cost significantly less than your kites though i'd imagine! but i'm probably significantly more broke than you are too!!

davidf - 19-7-2004 at 10:27

rob - latest update will probably be there around 11 - 11.30 tomorrow morning fingers crossed the wind is southerly rather than anything with east in it, and hoping for enough beach to launch the kite, should be in the water