Board logo

The Week Ahead
justal - 21-6-2004 at 06:26

Looks as though theres a decent low approaching us.

It will bring plenty of wind, but some rain too. Winds look as though they will start tomorrow evening (Tuesday), SE at first, which isn't anything to get excited about here, unless it channels into the estuary which is quite likely, then swinging NW-W over Wednesday and Thurs.

Firday looks OK as well with a decent SW and the the weekend looks epic at the moment with wind and waves....

Lots to get excited about, but no doubt we will all be disappointed as the weather data changes and nothing happens as usual!

Al.

Nick - 21-6-2004 at 10:26

Hmmm, it does look promising - very tempted to make my first trip to Borth this year, on either Weds or Sunday.

Anyone else likely to be out on Weds?

cheers

Nick

AndyW - 21-6-2004 at 11:18

Not this week for me...

I've got to do a full week at work :-(

Had to happen some time... Maybe the weekend.

bucski - 21-6-2004 at 12:11

I hope to be over tomorrow eve for a sesh, you going out then Al?
Have you had a chance to try the new storm that col brought over
tim

dunk - 21-6-2004 at 14:45

Maybe over at the weekend,

I've got to show my face at work after a month off

justal - 21-6-2004 at 18:31

Bucksi... Might manage a session tomorrow evening if theres enough water in the estuary.

Nick... I'll be able to play on Weds if its raining... at least for a while anyway. if its not raining I'll have to do some work , but should be able to fit in an early morning session if it looks good (5.30am-7.30am) and then another session in the evening.

That is of course if the wind actually materialises.

Al.

Nick - 22-6-2004 at 10:20

Permit to travel sorted. The forecast still looks good, albeit wet. I'll try and get up early and get over to Borth by nine.

cheers

Nick

justal - 22-6-2004 at 19:14

Thw wind looks better in the afternoon at the moment... Although its pretty windy (but SE) out there at the moment.

Looks as though it will be raining as well, so I won't have much work on. Think I'll make an early start work wise and get to the beach for early afternoon. See you there.

Al.

Shaka - 24-6-2004 at 07:42

http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk/webcam.htm

Aber... webcam - looks like some nice waves coming in - whats Borth like today? - nice I bet. Even the south coast is getting some half decent sets coming in.

Im in Borth from next saturday so I hope the highs keep away allowing these wonderful lows to pass through - can anyone suggest any long range forecasts - just for interest as I know they cant forecast 3days in advance let alone 1-2 weeks

justal - 24-6-2004 at 16:22

Take a look in the links section... there should be a 10 day forecast for Aberdovey in there.... as you say though, it ain't gonna be too accurate!

Al.