Board logo

hello
preacherman - 25-2-2004 at 12:52

I've only gone and registered after visiting for so long. Just a quick hello really - I'm a windsurfer with aspirations to be a kite surfer and a wallet that wants me to be neither. I sail down in the SE, so have no idea about Borth, but it sounds nice. Been windsurfing for far too long and really should be better, but I can hold my own on a beach (full of crap people!). Looking forward to finally being able to stick my oar in on some of your threads.
So hello and goodbye (for now)

justal - 26-2-2004 at 06:48

Good to have you posting here after lurking for so long!!

I know what you mean about the restrictive wallet, if only we could find freedom from our wallets we'd all be happy!!

Have you actually had a go at kite-surfing yet, or are you just thinking about it??

Al.

preacherman - 26-2-2004 at 16:58

Not kitesurfed yet. I think I'd want to get some lessons rather than just play about and try to teach myself like so many people seem to do. I've done a fair bit of wakeboarding, so I figure that would help, but the only experience I have of kites is a mate of mines old flexfoil stacker 6 and frankly, that thing scares me, so the thought of a 14m posh kite has me running for a crash helmet.

One day I'll get there, but until then I've lost no enthusiasm for windsurfing.