Board logo

kit you've never used
Nick - 23-9-2003 at 20:05

I've just had a quick look at the toybox section of the site - I was interested to find out how often other folks get to use their high wind kit. On the whole the answer would appear to be a resounding "not very often".

As for me I've got a nice 5m NP Zone, 430mast and old tush short boom that I've had for a year and still never used myself (est combined value £450) .... The depreciation on new kit is bad enough as it is but if you don't even get to use it!Can anyone beat that? You've got to have used it yourself in anger .... letting your mates use it to learn on doesn't count.

Cheers

Nick

paul - 24-9-2003 at 07:34

hmm it was october 2002 I last used my 4.5m sail, not sure when I last used my 3.7m though. I guess most people keep their small sails much longer than larger ones, certainly down here this 4.5m sails and smaller that people use are always older so I guess they have a longer life.

I'd hate to get to the beach and discover I didn't own a small enough sail...

badexcuseforasailor - 24-9-2003 at 09:42

I got caught out at easter at borth, my smallest sail is 5.3.........needed a 4.5! can only put so much downhaul and outhaul on a sail!

Dave - 24-9-2003 at 10:34

I actually bought a 3.4m sail a few years ago. I have used it for teaching some friends, but its never been used in anger.

It was second hand, and the guy sold it to me 'cos he'd never used it, his girlfriend had used it once.

justal - 24-9-2003 at 19:08

Well, this is one competition that I'm not gonna win!!

My 4.5m sail was used in anger the day before yesterday. I do have a 3.4m sail as well, which han't been used since Jan 28th 2003.

Al.

paul - 24-9-2003 at 20:39

3.4m ! !

there's only one answer to that ! You don't eat enough pie's <grin>

badexcuseforasailor - 24-9-2003 at 21:43

I think Ive been eating a few to many pies
weighed myslef today 87kg I thought my 112lt board seemed to be sinking more than what it used to

justal - 25-9-2003 at 06:13

Well BEFS, at least you don't need a smaller sail now!!!

Not the Kg's mean anything to me, I'm 12 stone whatever that means!

Back to the topic though, I've just remembered that I do have two broken surf rescue paddle boards that I've never used. I need to repair them first.

Al.

Nick - 6-10-2003 at 21:51

Well, I'm pleased to announce that following the weekend fun in Borth I've now used all of my kit. Apart from an ancient 4m Airwave sail and tush boom thrown in when I bought my Flow 2nd hand.....so they don't really count! BTW, does anyone know when tushingham stopped making booms?

Cheers

Nick