Board logo

WINDSURFING TAX!!!
griptool - 16-3-2004 at 18:56

What a liberty, when i was paying to park at portland boat yard on sunday morning (doesn't that bloke have a home to go to?) it was brought to my attention that it is now a requirement to pay about £2.20 a day to use the water.

As i was disinclined to shell out the extra I was warned that the authoroties may be patroling both on the beach and on the water those found without a ticket will be banned from the harbour for life!!

I just wonder how many other moneygrabbing bastard local authorities have thought up this wheeze?

mexican bandit - 16-3-2004 at 19:24

You should ask for a tax break or grant for using a renewable source of energy - wind. See if you can get the DLTR or what ever it's called at the moment to shell up some money

Wes - 17-3-2004 at 18:30

That is because it is now a private harbour. as with all things private - it costs!

I have never paid it, and been Ok so far.........

Spencer - 18-3-2004 at 21:27

what about the white van man tax announced in the budget by that tosser Brown? if you wanna use a work van for pleasure you gotta pay more tax?

justal - 18-3-2004 at 22:27

Eh??? I missed that one. Does that mean my tax is about to / has already gone up... Grrrrrr.

Al.

Spencer - 19-3-2004 at 10:56

Heard something on the news about it, they were saying its to stop people with posh works (company) vans using them for pleasure,& taxing them like they tax company cars? who it will affect who knows??? Whats a posh works van anyway?

Wes - 19-3-2004 at 12:20

Company vans fell into a really cheap tax bracket, which is why so may Toyota Hi-Lux type things have appeared on the roads recently. Don't worry, as long as your van is private it will cost the same as before.

Wes

griptool - 19-3-2004 at 19:52

If you are employed and have the use of a van get the employer to record it as shared use, it might get you off having to claim it as a taxable benefit.

I am convinced Gurdon Brunw is gay, every march he does me up the council gritter -- OUCH.